cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASKBN posting values to G/L even though depreciation area values are zero?

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there

We are posting an acquisition via ABZON to our depreciation area 01 (transaction type 100) but ASKBN is also raising a G/L posting to the value of the dep area 01 APC via depreciation area 20 even though area 20 values are zero (no APC, NBV, etc.).

- Transaction type 100 is limited to depreciation area 01 only

- Parallel currencies are not enabled

- No relationship between 01 and 20 via cross-system depreciation areas

- No adoption from area 01 to area 20 enabled

What else could cause area 20 to raise values that are only posted to area 01?

Thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

are you within the new GL? If so, please have a look at this discussion:

Kind Regards,

Steffen

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen

No luck on the Target ledger group posting.

Two strange things though...

1. We have an additional area (e.g. depreciation area 60) which is configured in exactly the same fashion as depreciation area 20...but ABZON does NOT raise postings against area 60...as it does with 20.

2. There are no "proposed" values in area 20 when we run ASKBN. I really don't understand how this APC acquisition to area 01 can cause area 20 GL updates?

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the GL update of area 20 is triggered by OADB. Do you have a setting similar to this?

AREA    TEXT                                      POST TO GL                       LEDGER       

01          Local GAAP                           1 (Real time)                        0L

20          ABC                                       3 (Depreciation only)            L2         

21          DELTA AREA                         6 (Only APC directly)           L2

Regards,

Steffen

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

We have our areas configured as such

AREA    TEXT     POST                 LEDGER

01          BOOK    1 (RT)                [Blank]

20          REVAL   2 (APC+DEP)    [Blank]

60          DTAX     2 (APC+DEP)    [Blank]

I have also subsequently identified that depreciation area 20 has APC enabled (but unused by the client) and area 60 has APC disabled (leading me to believe this is my ASKBN posts area 20 APC bit not area 60 APC).

Your reference to the thread that states "The leading posting area will always post to all ledgers" seems to be correct. Can you tell me why SAP does it this way?

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I think this logic was needed because of the special role of depreciation area 01 as leading area in asset accounting. So this probably was an non-disruptive way of handling parallel values with the New GL. Here is a document with more details:

We have used the delta depreciation areas but are now switching to the new asset accounting introduced lately. No these delta areas are not needed any more. Also the 01 values are not posted to all ledgers any more.

Nathan has written words about it:

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe ,

Please check your configuration in Define How Depreciation Areas Post to General Ledger  inter GL integration . it is possible the You are posting only real time in 01 depreciation area

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti

Yes, only area 01 is posting real time.

Joe