Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Entries of Table in SQL Trace in ST12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have used single query on MSKA table and use FOR ALL ENTRIES clause

I have taken sql trace for the same using ST12

but after analysing trace I found that trace having two entries of sql query on same table however it is single query on single table in abap

PDN

Thanks & Regards

Kishan Rana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

The FOR ALL ENTRIES is no standard SQL statement and therefore has to be 'translated' for different database platforms, for example into OR-clauses or into IN-lists. As a result, the statement can be cut into several single SQL statements that are send to the database. How many single statements are created depends on how the database platform handles the FOR ALL ENTRIES and on some system parameters, for example rsdb/max_blocking_factor. It can happen that one FOR ALL ENTRIES statement is cut into several single statements with 1, 5, 30, or N entries of the FOR ALL ENTRIES driver table in an IN-list.

Best Regards, Randolf

1 REPLY 1

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

The FOR ALL ENTRIES is no standard SQL statement and therefore has to be 'translated' for different database platforms, for example into OR-clauses or into IN-lists. As a result, the statement can be cut into several single SQL statements that are send to the database. How many single statements are created depends on how the database platform handles the FOR ALL ENTRIES and on some system parameters, for example rsdb/max_blocking_factor. It can happen that one FOR ALL ENTRIES statement is cut into several single statements with 1, 5, 30, or N entries of the FOR ALL ENTRIES driver table in an IN-list.

Best Regards, Randolf