cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Search issue based on Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to Web UI and I am facing a issue when using the BP search component.

The filtering has a issue when using three BP roles at a time.

Could you help me locate where could I find the logic for the filtering?

Is the below behaviour how usually standard works?

Case 1: All three BP types

Case 2: Only one BP type - here I get much more results.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my understanding/research your system has bug or you made a modification to the standard search which is causing the behavior.  I would suggest checking support.sap.com/notes to see if there are any notes relevant to your current system patch level that might fix this issue.  I have found a few under the component CRM-MD-BP when using the keywords "role search".  The only problem is those notes are a couple years old, but your system may not be patched with those notes.  If those notes are already applied, you should open a message with SAP to review your issue.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I have opened a message with SAP.

Best,

Elena

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for your reply.

Indeed the notes are old and my system has been updated at the latest package.

I want first to exclude that this might be a issue generated by the customizing that has been done.

@ Parul - Indeed that spot has been enhanced but not for the roles filtering.. other search criteria.

After several tests I could notice that only when adding BUP002 role to the search criteria I get less results-  therefor faulty ones.

Could it be that perhaps any configuration is missing or some settings for this role are wrong?
Has anyone encountered similar situations?

Thank you and appreciate your help.

Best,

Elena

former_member541649
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Could you verify if the results returned with multiple Roles in search parameters is an intersection, ie, it is returning all the BPs that have all the three roles. That could explain the result being a subset.

You could check if the enhancement spot: CRM_BUPA_IL_SEARCH has been enhanced for altering the search behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Parul