cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability in Resource Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to create an availability input in the "Availability" tab in Ressource Details it automatically inserts a "new record with zero availability with finish as "high Date".

This Means that the availability I get from the lacation and Thus factory calendar is overwritten in the future for this ressource.

Added screenshot of the warning message from Ressource Details and the result from Resource Overview FES.

Any ideas why?

br,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morten,

is the availability for this business partner maintained in transaction RPM_EMPDATA or in the
frontend under "Portfolio and Project Administration > Edit Resource > Tab: Availability"?

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

It is maintained in front end. Why do you ask?

br,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

It seems that I can't maintain the availability for a specific period without the system creating a new line with zero hours afterwards endning 31.12.9999.

So how can I as a manager of the resource limit the working hours per day for a given period without the system adds this zero hours line afterwards?

br,

Morten

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morten,

it´s standard that the system adds a line with 0 hours to the availability. This line cannot be avoided.

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thanks for your quick reply.

How do I then maintain avaiability of a resource who is on leave for a month and then comes back to Work normal hours Again - hours based on the location.

br,

Morten

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morten,

you can call transaction RPM_EMPDATA in backend to maintain the availability of a business partner or you can call "Edit resource" in frontend.

When you call the business partner in frontend go to tab "availability" and select "monthly":
For example: the BP is working from 01/2000 to 12/2015 -  shouldn´t work in 01/2016 and starts

working again in 02/2016 to 12/2016.

Then you can maintain as follows:

01.01.2000 - 31.12.2015   8h

01.02.2016 - 31.12.2016   8h

Save the changes. The result is the following in the table:
01.01.2000 - 31.12.2015  8h

01.01.2016 - 31.01.2016  0h

01.02.2016 - 31.12.2016  8h

01.01.2017 - 31.12.9999  0h

best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your answer.

Does this mean that I can't use the availability connected to the location and factory calendar if we are maintaining availability manually also?

For me it seems strange that I can't just input a period with zero availability and then after that period system will read the availability connected to location Again.

br,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

In my case I do not maintain availability manually, I get it from the location of the resource. So I wouldn't even enter the 01.01.2000 - 31.12.2015 8h.

I would only need to limit the hours per day in a given period and after that period I would need the system to use the availability connected to the location of the resource.

Have you ever heard of other with this issue or is it normal to maintain availability for all resources manually?

br,

Morten