SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAPER MASTERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

Can any one tell me the option to manage paper?

My industry has a scenario like paper comes in two forms, Sheet and Reel.

Secondly, every paper has a specification like Mill and Variety.

For eg. BILT COPIER 23 x 35 / 60 gsm.

Now, I have maintained length, width and GSM. Also Maintained sheet and Paper Reels in Mat Group.

Now, tell me where I can maintain Mill and Variety of Paper, as here Mill is Bilt and Variety is COPIER.

In papers, it is always say like mill, variety and GSM.

REFER ATTACHMENT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material characteristics come to mind - we had similar mill-based products in my previous client.

However, that would depend on where the Mill and Variety is used - batch searches, etc.

SAP provides DIMP-Discrete Industries and Mill Products- solution for such industries with some very useful features that these industries can use.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material characteristics come to mind - we had similar mill-based products in my previous client.

However, that would depend on where the Mill and Variety is used - batch searches, etc.

SAP provides DIMP-Discrete Industries and Mill Products- solution for such industries with some very useful features that these industries can use.

0 Kudos

Dear Saurav,

Can you provide further docs to read or links.

saranshlike@gmail.com

0 Kudos

Typically in our industry we describe paper by characteristics. We capture demand in sales orders' variant configuration (class type 300), and we capture inventory in batches and batch classification (class type 023)..Length, width, grammage, coating etc. would be characteristics in both classes.

From the sales order, you trigger planned, and production order. In goods receipts from production we move from the "planned" variant configuration characteristics to the "actual" characteristics in batch management. In the delivery you can use the batch determination to match the sales order demand characteristics against the inventory batches' supply characteristics, and thus find the fitting batches.

Or you can use more advanced planning in APO PP/DS.

Best regards,

Stefan