cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with sizes (e.g jeans with differeces sizes: S, L, XL, XXL)

0 Kudos

Hi

I have to create a new Data master issue. this issue have difference sizes. eg a jean with differences sizes, S, L, XL and XXl

How is the best way to handle this

. Create 4 Data master issue for every size?

create only a data master hadle by batch ?

Thansks in advance

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Using SAP ERP you can use variant of multiple material codes. I believe that you have separate costing for all these materials. Keeping this in view I'd suggest you to open different materials with size in description for keeping it simple and easy to use.

If material master data has huge number of entries then you have to think about variant or other solutions like AFS etc.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Lets say it is a trade good, you buy the good finished and then sell it further.

I have to send the material master idocs to the Hybris datahub. that means for a jacket only with 3 different colors and 3 different sizes, I have to create 9 types of material master?  and then send 9 IDocs of each material?

I dont want that. I just need to know if there is a variant option available in SAP ERP as it is it SAP AFS with Material Grids.

Thanks

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashed

in this case you need to use variant configuration.

regards

Rahul

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashed, please open a new discussion if you need to ask your own questions.Besides, variant configuration has already been mentioned twice in this same post. Naturally, the same exact functionality as in AFS can't exist in "plain vanilla" ERP. Who would buy AFS then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rashed

In your case variant configuration suits best option  you can add all the functionality of VC by mantaining Object dependency .By which you can reduce complexity  you can mantain relation in sizes & colours for your material

Regards

Virender

0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

I did ask my question in a new thread, but the thread was closed and I was directed to this thread.

My question was exactly about variant configuration and if it was possible in SAP ERP.

I guess it is not. But what is the best matched alternative in ERP?

As mentioned I need to use variant configuration to test the Hybris-SAP ERP integration, thus I didnt want to buy AFS just to test that.

Thanks for the reply anyways.

Rashed

0 Kudos

Dear Virender,

Thanks for the reply.

I know variant configuration is the solution, but can you maybe tell me if that is possible in SAP ERP, and if not, is there any alternatives besides creating a master material for each variant?

Thanks,

Rashed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed

yes variant configuration can be implemented in ERP. Just go through concept and implement one by one .

Go through below link  which clearly explains about VC .

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

If your clear then close thread

regards

Virender

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashed Popalzai,

Please provide link to your closed thread, when you say you are directed to this thread I am sure modertator want you to refer this thread if it solves your issue, or you can open a new thread and mark a link to this thread if you see any relevance between issue.

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pere Jordi

When single product exists in multiple form then Best way to use is variant configuration where you need to  create charcterstic as Jeans and for this charcterstics you can assign multiple value .Then assign it to class 300 &023

Maintaining Characteristics for Configuration - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Regards

Virender

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already pointed out, this is handled by AFS, so if you deal with apparel sales on regular basis you do need it.

But if it's just some oddball product then the answer will depend on what end result you need to achieve - e.g. how would you want to track stock, report sales etc. Such questions really need to be answered "from the end" instead of trying to approach the material master first. Otherwise it's like starting a journey without knowing what your destination is - makes no sense unless you just want to wander around...

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashed Popalzai

Don't hijack someone's thread and add your query as already pointed out.  Create a new discussion after searching SCN

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pere

This kind of data and business is supported by SAP AFS. These are referred as grids in this business. Refer below link for the same.

Material Grids: Overview - SAP Apparel and Footwear (SAP AFS) - SAP Library

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested above, better you go with Variant Configuration for this.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In opinion instead of using batch, you should use variant. When you use variant for this, you will only have one material with different variant for size. Further, you can use batch for production. As per my understanding SAP Retail is equipped to handle this requirement. For more insight on SAP Retail refer following SAP Help link:

- Variant Handling by Characteristics - SAP Retail - SAP Library

Thanks, JP