cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetFileOpenName() - random hard crashes on Citrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our application is compiled in PowerBuilder 12.5 build 4595.

We are getting random hard crashes when browsing using the GetFileOpenName() open file dialog box while in Citrix.  Fault Module Names are sometimes thumbcache.dll & sometimes NetworkExplorer.dll.  It seems to have something to do with network drives, but again it appears to be random.  We have tried using the TopWiz equivalent dialog box but it crashes as well.  Other applications such as Notepad do not have this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this or any ideas of what we can do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did some googling and found people using other programs (Word, Delphi) having similar issues.  Some of the recommendations were to turn off DEP:

Word 2007 on 2008 R2 Terminal Server crashes often

Or copying some of the DLLs it needs to access (thumbcache.dll) to the application directory:

Delphi TOpenDialog hangs in windows 2008 when run as remote desktop application - Stack Overflow

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great suggestion Bruce--turning off DEP appears to have done the trick.  Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here (Powerbuilder 12.5.2 build 5006 and citrix xenapp 6.5 for windows server 2008 R2). We got all the errors in NetworkExplorer.dll.  After trying several MS hotfixes without success, I was going to install all the Citrix Hotfix Rollup Packs when I found this thread the other day. No more errors for now. Thanks for the suggestion.