cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Method to Find Out What Member is Missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version: BI 4.0 SP8.3 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012

When you receive the following warning message, what is the single best method to find out exactly what members are missing?:

Analysis edition for OLAP could not find one or more members in this analysis, possibly because the cube has been updated. The hierarchy containing these members has been removed to allow the analysis to be executed.

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael - does this note apply to you?

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1939292

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Tammy!

No, that note does not apply to me, because I do not have any Prompts. In fact, I don't believe you can have prompts when using MS SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, correct?

Any other ideas on how I can simply find out what is causing this strange message? Or how to hide the message so that it doesn't prompt the user?

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, Were you able to find a solution for this...I am getting this popup warning as well...But I know for sure nothing is changed....I suspect it may be a SAP bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parthasarathy,

Unfortunately, I had to delete the report and build a new one. The message then went away. Yeah, probably a bug in BI 4.0. By the way, we have moved to BI 4.1 SP6 and things seem to be a bit more stable.

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike, Thanks for the reply...It happens in BO 4.1 SP6 as well. We are in that version...

We use SSAS cubes (Relational Database ) Do have any document/tips to performance tume...How much memory (RAM) in your server configuration ?

Partha