SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery document flow not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have a requirement to post the goods receipt against the inbound delivery document as reference document using WMMBXY IDoc type. We are using MIGO transaction code in WMMBXY IDoc type. I have activated the "Document Flow Update " to have the inbound deliveries status updated after posting the goods receipt.

We are doing some test and we are having trouble while posting GR against Inbound delivery. We always get the error message Packing can only be updated via inbound delivery dialog. Message no. VLA311

Can you please provide me the solution for this issue?

Note: We are using SAP SHP 6.0 and notes 1050944 and 1384533 are already implemented.

Thanks in advanced,

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Goyal,

as I searched for a solution as you did, I found a statement in note 1889810 which says that message VLA311 is not customizable (hard coded in function module BORWE_VL_MM_CHECK_ASN_WE). Therefore posting GR for inbound delivery with HU in MIGO is only possible with a modification.

I tried GR-booking with changing the Error to an Information Message during Debugging, which worked well for my process - even with booking one HU after another.

I am uncertain if the process would work with SPM (Service Parts Management) beeing active.

Best Regards