cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rex upgrading using Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’ve installed REX v9 and configured it with user account.

Then ran the update for v11 from Afaria, and seems to work without having to configure the app again.

When I install REX v12 update from either v9 or v11, the app crashes when you try and open it.

REX v12 works if you clear the data, but means you have to configure it again.

Is there a way to get this right without clearing cache data and configuring manually?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blessing Maseko,

From where you are downloading REX app? Because currently we are maintaining REX 3.1.x, REX 3.2.x and REX 3.3.2. But when i see the problem statement(you mentioned V9, V11 and V12), I'm not able to understand which versions you are talking about.

Kindly share us more details(about apk version and crash scenario) to understand the problem.

Thanks,

Ronald

ashish_rawat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

This can happen only either database or dependent libraries or uiconfiguration has changed across version.

Changing database within version or same release is highly unlikely and doesn't happen quite frequently.

However dependent libraries and uiconfiguration may change for some bug fix or performance enhancement.

If it works after clearing, then my first guess would be that the existing database has old uiconfiguration, however the new database has different one, when you are upgrading the app, the database is not updated, so you need to figure out of way in which the new app is installed rather then replace old app.

You may get in touch with Afaria team to do reinstall rather then replace.

Regards

Ashish