cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to Excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to write the values to excel sheet.

as of now we are capturing the error data and sending notification to the distribution list.

Is it possible to extract the error data for a given date range to excel....

we are thinking to write a vbscript to read the mails in outlook and export to excel.

Can't we do directly from redwood the same thing.. instead of reading mails.

Many many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What values you want to write to excel?

To write to excel, you will have to download the java libraries that support read/write to excel and load into to CPS and then start writing the code.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Actually I am trying to export a report which contains the job details such as name, program, date. I have a requirement that I have to include the job log for the error or killed jobs as well.

I am trying to figure out how to retrieve job log from either report or a script.

Is there any way that we can configure the same in email alert gateway so that it comes as information instead of mail attachment?

Is there anyway we can retrieve job log from the server for a given job using redwood script?

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Including the log output to that report will be an overkill.

If you want it as inline attachment, then refer this thread -

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the script of getting log file as attachment to my mail. However I want to export the jobs with killed and error status jobs, to excel, along with their error log.

Right now I am trying to do this using VBA in outlook. I want to do it from Redwood side itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also I want to access log information to export it to csv. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.