cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One asset mapped to multiple company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can there be a scenario, where One asset is mapped to multiple company codes? Is it technically feasible in SAP?

Regards

SR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe SAP support such function to assign asset to many company codes .. Asset value and existence is reflecting legal views which is mainly uses in financial analysis and as loans guarantee ..

As alternative solution you may assign the deprecation to different company codes that could represent the assets utilization in different company code but the asset value stay in the company which the asset purchasing document is related to..

Open T-code AS02

choose Time dependent tab.. choose More intervals and add interval which the asset has been used for another company code .. i think the minimum interval that he can calculate the deprecation for different cost center is one month..

before start you have to activate cross company code cost center .. as below screen shot.

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

No.May i know what business advantage you get out of this?

Asset is one company specific.

Regards,

pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has come up from Business. There are some assets that are being used by multiple company codes. That's why they want to map one asset to multiple company codes.

Regards

SR

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In standard SAP we do not have such functions.You can have transfer of ASSET from one company to other company or one plant to other plant.

Regards,

Pardhu