cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking of SU numbers in WM in non-sequential order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WM Experts,

I have implemented WM with SUM. Picking strategy is FIFO with user exit for batch creation date instead of GR date. But facing a problem of picking SUs in a non-sequential order.

e.g.

GR done for 1000KG with 100 SUs of 10KG each numbered 1000000001 through 1000000100 all stored in one bin.

Need to pick 150KG material for dispensing....

While creating TO in Background System should pick 15 SU numbers 1000000001 through 1000000015 as per SU numbers in ascending order.

Here system picks any SU number from 1000000001 to 1000000100, loosing the sequence of SU numbers

Please guide on any standard setup in SPRO

Thanks all in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts for your replies. I got it solved in user exit by sorting the SU numbers in ascending order. I could not find any config soln.

Regards all

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) What is your removal(picking) strategy for that storage type?
2) Since you have 100 SUs in a bin, I doubt that every SU is accessible during picking. If you fix the SUs for removal, you'll probably need to move a lot of stock to be able to pick those exact SUs. Seems  to me the best process would be like in bulk - that the sysytem doesn't propose SUs at all, but those should be determined during picking. But maybe your process is special so you can't use that option. Could you explaing this just a bit more, the case/scenario in your customers WH.

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Datta,

Could you please check whether Buffer has been activated for the SU number range in the tCode SNRO which would cause these kinds of skips during the parallel processes.

But if you deactivate the buffer range, then it would cause performance problems while running the parallel jobs for SU creation since only one program would be executed at the specific point to generate SU number range.

I hope above suggestion helps you.

Thanks,
Balaji