cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDB incorrectly processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We met a issue, SDB was not incorrectly processed.

SDB: Meduim is 8: Special Function.

I think currently we found this issue, we can repeat output.

But actually, Not know the reason exactly. Is it a systematic problem?  Do we need to check SDB one by one?

Any notification we can get for the error?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hua

not 100% sure: if this the SAP ERP part of EHS SDS dispatch (message handling??): I have never had any issues there. most of the issues come up in context of CVD1

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Christoph.

Yeah, after order created, customer service people will trigger the SDB.

Here we met the issue, SDB not triggered successfully.

I am not sure the reason here, also the solution.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hua

normally the story is different. In Standad SAP ERP set up the process in SAP SD triggers automait the dispatching of SDS in SAP EHS. This is not a manual process. No company will survive if it would be a manual process. Only if you "trigger" SDS distrbution using CG54 then you are using a manual process

PLease try to explain the screen shot ? Which transaction ?

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Yeah, We use CG54: Manually sent SDS to customer

The error I met is SD_CALL. When we created an order in VA01, we go to Extras --> Output --> Item --> Edit

Then we find SDB is not correctly processed, showing red light.

Normally, green light is ok. After SDS triggered correctly, SD_CALL will be triggered.

Now am not sure which part is in charge of this error.

Kindly let me know if you want more information. Thank you very much.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hua,

The error is on SD side (order or delivery) and not on EH&S side.

The report RC1SDAPL let's you display the error messages on the SD site for SDB output.

Please use this report to figure out why the SDB output failed. Possible errors can be missing addresses (email,post fax - depending on your customizing) on the partner or the fact that no substance is assigned to your material.

Hope this helps

Mark

P.s.:

Are the SDBs really triggered from an order (that's what you wrote above) or from a delivery (that's what almost all clients implement)?

Has it ever worked before for the orders?

Yeah, We use CG54: Manually sent SDS to customer

But the screenshot is from a delivery or order processing and not from CG54. SD_CALL means it was triggered by the SD module and therefore not through CG54.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mark,

Thanks very much.

This case is not Manual call by CG54.

It is SD_CALL.  When order created under this customer the first time, SDB was not triggered successfully. But later SDB was successfully triggered anther order.

I run the report RC1SDAPL, and found the error. But not sure the how to solve it.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hua,

The Customer Exit (See documentation for transaction CMOD) encountered an error and therefore the system could not create an SD_CALL.

Not sure what did go wrong in the exit - and since it is custom coding on your side only you and / or your developers can figure it out.... (Unless you post the coding here + Customer / Partner data 😉 )

Exit EXIT_SAPLC1CA_004 is normally used to determine the language of the SDS.

So the error might be that you have a customer that has an exotic communication language or something like this.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mark,

Still need your help.

CMOD: Which project enter here?

Unless you post the coding here + Customer / Partner data --> How I do? Able to guide me?

Two version of SDS: both English Version and Chinese Version.

Under the customer - sales area - Z6, language not maintained. But we have SD_CALL under this customer (same product) sent out successfully some time later, even language not maintained.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hua,

Please understand that I can not know the project name your company used to implement that customer exit as this is completly up to the customer how to Name the poject...

But you can find it.

Go to CMOD press the F4 help - choose Information system if you are asked - and extend the search screen but pressing the button called "all Sections" (Shift+F7):

Enter as Exit C1CA0004 and you will find the Project that implements that Exit.

hua tao wrote:

But we have SD_CALL under this customer (same product) sent out successfully some time later, even language not maintained.

This can have mutiple reasons - of cousre depending on the coding in the Exit. Maybe someone added or correct data the coding in the Exit is using.... Or the order did originate from an other sales org.

What happens if you try to reprocess / repeat the SDB output that had an error earlier?

Anyway - if the customer did get the SDS for the product in the meantime - what's the issue?

Kind Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mark,

According to your guide, I find CMOD project "ZWOC_015"

C1CA0004: EHS: Determines the language version of the MSDS

But I do not know how to use it to analyse.

I checked the history, someone add the communication method to INT. but this INT seems not related to the error EXITCICA_004 (the language of SDS). We met case before, if INT not maintained, SDB triggered successfully.

I repeat the output in test production, SD_Call can sent out. No problem.

We just wanner to escalate this issue and figure out to avoid (Audit team find this error), so it is on SD side?

Much appreciated!!!

Have a good day.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hua,

The error is on the interface between EH&S and SD / Logistics.

It is most likely caused by data maintenance on SD side that is not matching the customizing settings on EH&S side.

To figure out why this output did not go through in the past and is working now is something I unfortunately can not do remote...

Kind Regards

Mark

P.s: Looks like the adding of INT (Email) made it possible for a report shipment entry to be created - maybe because no other valid communication was maintained before - but this is just guessing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, thank you very much!

Cheers.

Have a nice weekend.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome!

Please mark the questions as answered...

All the best

Mark

Answers (0)