SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The budget amount is not sufficient for release

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have done carry forward of budget to 2015.

After that while posting the Budget upload in 2014 we are getting error 'The budget amount is not sufficient for release'.

We have checked the report FMB_B01 for fund center and commitment time where we see the difference in B1 and R1 in 2014.

B1 is reduced exactly by same amount of carry forward but R1 is not reduced with same amount.

My question is why system is behaving like this and what is the standard behaviour and solution.

Regards

Zunaid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

For Carry forward budget document type, if i convert it to automatic release will it release the document immediately?

I have doubt if this will create document in 2015. Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have set automatic release scenario with carry-over budget process. I guess, that's the reason in your case.

You can consult note 1859520 - Budget release in BCS for more info about possible reasons for this error.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Brilliant. I understood the problem. I will try and get back to you.

Regards

Zunaid.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

For Carry forward budget document type, if i convert it to automatic release will it release the document immediately?

I have doubt if this will create document in 2015. Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

That's the purpose of automatic release. You should link it to carry-forward process.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Just a doubt. Already carryforward is done. now there is a gap in B1 and R1. so how to solve this difference. Shall i enter B1 difference amount for which i am getting error.

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

You mean carry-forward that you executed before the settings? In this case, yes, you can adapt the budget manually

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

yes. I agree. i posted one document with manual release. and after that i posted the budget.

It was done.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Zunaid