Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R algorithms cannot be enabled

zeise
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have installed the recently released version 2.2 of Predictive Analytics. I also performed successfully the R installation using the mechanism inside the expert mode. When being asked I switch to the configuration tab, check the "Enable Open-Source R algorithms" option and verify that the path is correct.

However, when I close the dialog with "Ok" and re-open the "R installation and configuration" screen again, the option "Enable Open-Source R algorithms" is not checked anymore. As a consequence, the R algorithms are not working and stay grayed out.

I also tried it with a manual installation of R following some older guides but this is not working either.

Has anyone any suggestions on what to do to get the R algorithms working?

Best regards,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I had the same behaviour. Renaming this folder made it work for me

C:\users\[username]\.sappa

Greetings

Andreas

zeise
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

many thanks for your quick response! That was the solution for me as well!

One more hint for other users having problems with the installation: When the automated installation fails on installing the R modules, check if your VPN or a firewall is preventing the connection to the R repository servers. To do this, start R via the windows start menu (Start | All programs | R | R x64 3.1.2) and run the following command in the R console:

install.packages("rJava",lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

If you get the following error messages, your VPN or firewall is blocking the access:

Warning: unable to access index for repository http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/cran/bin/windows/contrib/3.1

Warning: unable to access index for repository http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/3.1

Warning message:

package ‘rJava’ is not available (for R version 3.1.2)

Best regards,

Manuel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this problem too on upgrade.  Thanks for posting.

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yep, same for me. The issue seems to appear if you have done various installs/uninstalls of PA and/or Lumira in the past: something gets corrupted.

Deleting or renaming the folder suggested by Andreas seems to fix the issue