error in ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are currently implementing talent management and TREX on

ECC 6.0

EHP 7.0

TREX version 7.10.63.00 Build 710.63.398887

and encountering the following issue during executing the program ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION:

Our TREX destination host name should be hrtrxdev (port is 3xxx1 - 3xx11) instead of hrtest:80.

I have check the RFC connection for TREX in SM59 and no errors are occurred during connection test.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

could you please post screenshot how you run the report. Usually when you execute ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION you need to choice if you want to use TREX or HANA
and put the name of the TREX RFC  destination or the name of DB connection. I suppose that
you did something wrong on this step.

Best regards,
Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for your reply.

Yup, I have chose to use TREX instead of HANA and put the TREX RFC destination.

However, I have ask our ABAP programmer to debug the standard program, and found that SAP doesn't have a IF selection statement to determine whether user is using HANA or TREX, therefore we are adding some enhancement to our ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION program to make sure if using TREX is selected, the program doesn't perform HANA function.

I haven't check if there's any SAP notes for this program, but if you happen to know any notes that can fix this program, please share it to us.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

it looks like a bug in the report ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION . There is a note 2119971 related to such problems. However the note has a lot of "prerequirements" that dependent on the
SP level on ABAP side. Could you please check the  note 2034533, and apply the collective note matching to your SP-level. After that you need to apply the already mentioned 2119971.

Thanks and best regards,
Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

I have applied the notes that you suggest, and it works like magic.

our issue has been solve.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Answers (0)