cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in depreciation calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently, my client is using monthly depreciation (calculating and posting on a monthly basis) but now they want to do it on a daily basis (i.e. calculating daily posting monthly). For this I have created a new depreciation key in which I have ticked "Depreciation to the day" check box. When I assign this depreciation key to the existing assets, the depreciation amount calculation is not happening correctly. However, when I create a new asset and assign this depreciation key, then it is calculating depreciation correctly.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the Depreciation to the Day tick if maintained in the Depreciation key then the assets to which that depreciation key is assigned for that assets the depreciation will be calculated on day basis and then the period control assigned to the depreciation key will be ignored. Also as per standard SAP if in an Asset the Depreciation key assigned in which the Depreciation to the Day box is unticked then you cannot assign the Depreciation key to the same asset in which Depreciation to Day box is ticked. System will give you an error. The solution for this issue is to create new Asset, assign depreciation key in which the Depreciation to the Day box is ticked and then transfer the values from old asset to new asset through T-Code ABUMN.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineer,

Yes, it is a standard behaviour of the system. You cannot change the periodic depreciation key with day wise depreciation key. If there is no depreciation posting happened for the asset, then you can change it. If you have already posted depreciation, then you have to create a new asset with daywise dep.key and transfer the balance from periodic dep.key to this new asset.

Regards,

Mukthar