cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Calculating YTD Values to PERIODIC In YTD Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue in Calculating YTD Values to PERIODIC In YTD Model 

My model name is a REPORTING which is a YTD model & inputted data in YTD as Below

When I run the report (shown below) with measures as PERIODIC system is displaying months 1/4/7 system is taking YTD values and showing them as periodic values.

As per standard behaviour by default the YTD data must be shown in PERIODIC as

PERIODIC Value = {Present Month YTD Value} – {Previous Month YTD Value}

But in my report I got below values in periodic

So if see above for every quarter first month PERIODIC value is posting same as YTD value

But it is not repeating for the rest of the months in every quarter so please rectify the issue & locate where the issue…is.

My FORMULA for measures for PERIODIC is as below

MEMBER [MEASURES].[YTD] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="LEQ"),-([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])), ([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])))' SOLVE_ORDER=3

MEMBER [MEASURES].[PERIODIC] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="EXP") AND NOT ([%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="TOTAL" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="Q1" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="JAN"), [MEASURES].[YTD]-([MEASURES].[YTD],[%TIME%].LAG(1)), [MEASURES].[YTD])' SOLVE_ORDER=3 

And also let me know how the “LAG()” searches & on what bases it will identify the previous month

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor

Hi Aravind,

Please upgrade to the LATEST SP your core BPC and BW!

Vadim

P.S. About LAG and other MDX functions you can read on the Microsoft site: Lag (MDX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for your suggestion .

Our system is already up to date & it is BPC 10.1 & BW 7.40....Patches up to date.

But issue is LAG() is not referring the correct month it is repeating the same month so if you could help me in referring the previous month in the measures code instead of LAG() it will be a great favor to me..

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

You measure formula is absolutely correct! Just for reference - same formula from IFS kit for YTD model:

MEMBER [MEASURES].[YTD] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="LEQ"),-([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])), ([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])))' SOLVE_ORDER=3

MEMBER [MEASURES].[PERIODIC] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="EXP") AND NOT ([%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="TOTAL" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="Q1" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="JAN"), [MEASURES].[YTD]-([MEASURES].[YTD],[%TIME%].LAG(1)), [MEASURES].[YTD])' SOLVE_ORDER=3

Please provide SP levels for BPC and BW!

Also, please provide screenshot of administration screen of TIME dimension!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

My BPC SP 21 release 810 level 004

BW release 740 level 009

Please find my hierarchy table attached below

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the following:

1. Create a new copy of Environment Shell and test!

2. Create a new TIME dimension and a new model with this TIME dimension in the existing Environment and test.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you vadim this issue doesn't occur for the default "TIME" dimension that is in the environment shell.

But the issue raises when we modified the TIME dimension master data.

1) The main issue is in the "Measures" Formula at the end the LAG() function is not referring the correct "NODEID" of the "TIME" master data .

So i need a solution to overcome this.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"But the issue raises when we modified the TIME dimension master data." - how you modified it?

Please provide your BW and BPC SP levels!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

My BW SP level is 10 (740)

BPC SP level is 21 (810)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"My BW SP level is 10 (740)" - move to SP11

"BPC SP level is 21 (810)" - impossible - SP6 is the latest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep sorry BPC SP 04

BW   SP 09

Are you sure about that if we upgrade to NEXT level of SP this "ISSUE" resolve....!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Are you sure about that if we upgrade to NEXT level of SP this "ISSUE" resolve....!" I am not 100% sure without detailed review of your system It's your job to perform a test migration and to check results...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Vadim i agree with you, We are trying to do that & Thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved after upgrading BW-SP From 09 to 11........

Thank you for the suggestion Mr.Vadim. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush,

Thank you for the note but that was raised by our team only we already installed that note but, that doesn't reflected any impact.

Still the issue remains same....................!