cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" is not present in RZ20.

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" is not present in RZ20.

Please suggest.

Thank you..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

this monitor needs to be configured as described in the note:

441269 - Setting up tRFC/qRFC monitoring in the alert monitor

From my experience with this monitor people often forget to deactivate one owner as described in this point in the note:

5.  Either copy the SAP owner entry (and its set of customizing entries)

or create your own owner entry.  Make sure to move the Active mark

to your owner entry.  Only one owner can be marked as 'active'.

Please let me know, where exactly you have difficulties with the configuration of this monitor.

Regards,
Alwina

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thank you for your immediate response.

As per SAP NOTE : 441269, we can find "Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" in SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors and then we can customize MTE as per our requirement.

but my problem is, i cannot find "Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" even in SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors.

I think below note will be helpfull for me, but i have ST-PI : 2008_1_700.

708361 - Activating CIF monitoring in CCMS for R/3

I am working on SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 5 and SAP_BASIS : 702.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

During SAP startup process function module SALK_TRFC_DATENKOLLEKTOR has to run.

If not the case then Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" in SAP CCMS wont be properly initialized.

If you checking it on Sandbox or DEV..try running and let me know result.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

if you are missing a monitor in RZ20, the most frequent reasons for this are:

1. The data collector is not running. Either it is not released or it has terminated for some reason
2. The dispatcher is not running
3. There is no space in CCMS shared memory segment

As I see in our test system, this monitor is updated by the method CCMS_tRFC_Collector and this method is started by the autoabap dispatcher. Please check under

RZ21 --> Methods --> Method definitions --> Dispay Overview

search for the method CCMS_tRFC_Collector and check on the "Control" and "Release" tab - is this method released as a data collection method and is this method configured to be started after the monitoring segment start?

Could you please attach screenshots about configuration of this monitor in "RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Configure QRFC Monitoring"?

Reg. the note "708361 - Activating CIF monitoring in CCMS for R/3" - what do you need to monitor?

Regards,
Alwina

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

i have checked method CCMS_tRFC_Collector.

"Release" tab - method is released as a data Collector and method is configured to be started after monitoring segment start.

"RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Configure QRFC Monitoring" details are as given below.

i cross checked below details with our IDES ECC 6.0 System. Below details are exactly same in both systems IDES ECC 6.0 and  ECC 6.0 EHP 5.

Please Note :"Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" is present in IDES ECC 6.0 but not in ECC 6.0 EHP 5.

OwnerNameMTE ClassMess. IDMsg. no
SAPAPO CIF Inbound QueuesAPO_CIF_InboundClassRT481
SAPAPO CIF Outbound QueuesAPO_CIF_OutboundClassRT480
SAPAcknowledgment Messages (XBQB*)XI_Int_Serv_Acknowledgmnet_XBQBCCMS_XMB32
SAPAcknowledgment Messages (XBTB*)XI_Int_Serv_Acknowledgmnet_XBTBCCMS_XMB31
SAPAppl. System Receiver Messages (XBQR*)XI_Appl_Syst_Receive_XBQRCCMS_XMB30
SAPAppl. System Receiver Messages (XBTR*)XI_Appl_Syst_Receive_XBTRCCMS_XMB28
SAPAppl. System Sender Messages (XBQS*)XI_Appl_Syst_Send_XBQSCCMS_XMB29
SAPAppl. System Sender Messages (XBTS*)XI_Appl_Syst_Send_XBTSCCMS_XMB27
SAPEWM Inbound queues for DeliveriesEWM_INBOUND_QRFC_DLV                    0
SAPEWM Outbound queues for DeliveriesEWM_OUTBOUND_QRFC_DLV                    0
SAPInt. Server Inbound Messages (XBQI*)XI_Int_Serv_Inbound_XBQICCMS_XMB19
SAPInt. Server Inbound Messages (XBTI*)XI_Int_Serv_Inbound_XBTICCMS_XMB17
SAPInt. Server Outbound Messages (XBQO*)XI_Int_Serv_Outbound_XBQOCCMS_XMB20
SAPInt. Server Outbound Messages (XBTO*)XI_Int_Serv_Outbound_XBTOCCMS_XMB18
SAPLarge Messages (XBTL*)XI_Int_Serv_Large_XBTLCCMS_XMB33
SAPR3A* Load Queues R/3 OLTP -> CRMR3A_Load_Queues_OLTP_to_CRM                    0

Thank you.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

thank you for the info.

Could you please take a look at "RZ21 --> Topology --> Context Overview --> Display Overview", if the "Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" context is available and on which instance it is located? You need to check the selfmonitoring structure in RZ20 of this instance for any open alerts or errors. Please check it under:

RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors
                 --> CCMS Selfmonitoring
                       --> <SID> --> MoniInfra_<instance>

In this structure please check, if you have enough space on this instance:

Expand "Space" and then double click on "FreeAlertSlots". Are there enough free slots available?

Then please check:

Tooldispatching (short running tasks)
                           --> Alerts for "Messages"

Do you see here alerts for the method CCMS_tRFC_Collector?

Then please check, if all is OK with the autoabap dispatcher. Please take a look at the structure:

Sapmssy8

Is the runtime less than 5 Min? Display details for the MTE "Sapmssy8_Messages". Do you see here regularly the entries "SAPMSSY8 started" and "SAPMSSY8 completed"?

Please check the MTE:

DataSupplier --> Alerts and details for the MTE "Log" for the methd CCMS_tRFC_Collector

If you cannot find any problems here, then please reset the monitoring segment of the affected instance in "WARMUP" status in RZ21, wait 10 minutes and check the selfmonitoring structure of the instance again, if any errors are reported for CCMS_tRFC_Collector. Please check also startup tools under "RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> CCMS Selfmonitoring --> CCMS_Selfmonitoring --> Startuptools once per system", if any problems are reported here for the affected method during "WARMUP" of the CCMS shared memory segment.

Regards,
Alwina

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

"Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" is not present in "RZ21 --> Topology --> Context Overview --> Display Overview".

We have enough free slots in RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> CCMS Selfmonitoring  --> <SID> --> MoniInfra_<instance>.

i did not found alerts for Method CCMS_tRFC_Collector.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

"Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" is not present in "RZ21 --> Topology --> Context Overview --> Display Overview".

we have enough free slots available.

we don't have any alerts for method CCMS_tRFC_Collector.

Please suggest,

Thank you.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

please reset the segment of the instance with the context "Transactional RFC and Queued RFC" in "WARMUP" status under

RZ21 --> Topology --> Segment Overview --> Display Overview

choose change mode

select the segment

press the button "Reset segment in "WARMUP" status", confirm popups, save and wait for a while until all data collectors has run.

Check the affected monitor, if it was created, and if not, please check the selfmonitoring structure again as above. Especially the section with the startup methods. If a method cannot create a monitor, you should see the reason for this in the selfmonitoring structure.

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

how many instances has the system? Could you please reset all segments of the system in "WARMUP" status?

Could you please share screenshots about CCMS_tRFC_Collector method configuration in RZ21?

Regards, Alwina

biswajit_biswas4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

System has only one instance, i have reset all segments of the system in "WARMUP" status.

Still our problem is not resolved.

CCMS_tRFC_Collector has Control Execution method immediately after monitoring segment start.

CCMS_tRFC_Collector has Release Execute method as Data Collection Method.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

is the method CCMS_tRFC_Collector configured to run in dialog or in background in RZ21?

I need to check the system or some screenshots about RZ20/RZ21 to see, if the method CCMS_tRFC_Collector was started by the dispatcher and what is the runtime of this method. If the method was started and no errors are reported in selfmonitoring in RZ20, then there is still something wrong with the configuration of this monitor in RZ21. This method is checking the table ARFCSSTATE, in some cases this table contains too many data and the dispatcher will terminate the data collector because of the long runtime, but in this case you should have an alert in selfmonitoring. Please take a look at the note:

538249 - Expensive SQL SELECT COUNT(*) from ARFCRSTATE/ARFCSSTATE

if you have an issue with this table.

Regards, Alwina