cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS path differs from mime path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed some of the styles in the css but its not reflecting in the output, then i noticed the path of CSS in the appropriate WDA view's HTML file using mozilla firebug and i found the path is not available in the MIME repository, in that case how to find the exact path from where this html file referencing the css in MIME repository.

Kindly help me to resolve it.

Pls find the screen shots for your reference.

Regards,

Vicky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky,

Actually the path requested in the URL is a virtual path and not the same as in MIME repository.

This virtual path is resolved and translated to the MIME repository path.

Anyway, please do not change CSS files directly in MIME repository, because it will cause many problems in the future. Not to mention that they can be anytime overwritten.

If you want to design a custom theme, please use UI Theme Designer, which is the easy and supported way to create custom themes for any SAP web technology.

Howto: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59085

Central page: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52952

Best regards,

Gabor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gober,

Thanks for your inputs and thanks for the documents too.

From your comments I understand about the CSS path gets generated.

Currently I am uploading and replacing the zip file but the changes which I made to the CSS file in the zip file, is not getting reflected in the webpage.

Can you please let me know the MIME path from where the CSS codes getting referenced to render the webpage.

Best Regards,

Vicky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky,

Yes, the CSS files are extracted from the zip and stored in database tables, where the web service can serve it for clients.

The extraction is made runtime but only that case if it not yet extracted. So it means that there is no chance to make this immediately visible.

That is why I have suggested the UI Theme Designer, because there you can also make changes directly to CSS as well.

Best regards,

Gabor

Answers (0)