cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA text analysis determination of products with keywords

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I do have a question regarding the determination of products in service tickets via SAP HANA text analysis.

Is it possible to determine products if the keyword in the ticket text is not exactly the name of the product from product masterdata?

Does the text analysis work also with misspellings. Do I have the chance to maintain keywords at a product, such as common nicknames, which the text analysis then is verifying as well before determining a product?

I hope someone can help me with these questions!

Thank you and best regards,

Louisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Logic behind that  -

1. System first breaks down the ticket text in to set of keywords
  2. Then compares these keywords with product description of all products
  3. Picks up best match.

Is it possible to determine products if the keyword in the ticket text is not exactly the name of the product from product masterdata?  -  Answer - Logic looks for text description. It need not be exact. Keyword needs to be part of the product description.

Does the text analysis work also with misspellings.  Answer - No

Do I have the chance to maintain keywords at a product, such as common nicknames, which the text analysis then is verifying as well before determining a product? Answer - You can do so by enhancing the product description with nicknames.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

You never guess how glad I am for that You've picked this topic.

I also need help according to text analysis which should identify product name and merge it with the ticket.

I have no idea what is configured inproper in my solution tenant that I can't run the product determination functionality.

Could You please try to advise somehow?

What I know, to be more precise, we have already only one-way replication enabled (ERP to C4C),

maybe this could have influence on my problem?

Respectfully

Slawomir

0 Kudos

You can enable/disable text analysis/product determination with BC scoping questions.  Refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sapcloudforcustomer/en/PDF/EN-2.pdf  (search for text analysis). You may want to confirm this in your tenant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Text Analysis is checked into Scope. But! You must know that we have two implemenation projects:

A]     Initial Implementation created by technical user SAP_LMPRV, and

B]     First Implementation

Scope of these two project differs when considering "Questions".

For example in B] most of Service Questions are checked while in A] they some significant like Text Analysis, E-Mail Integration with service request management, Text Analysis for SAP HANA C4C etc. are unchecked .

My consideration is that this fact could influence on disfunction in automatic product identification and putting it to ticket.

Please, could You think it over?

Best regards

Slawomir

0 Kudos

Yes that might be causing it. Try setting on On on both.  Anyways, if you have any further questions on Implementation projects, suggest you start separate thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

thank you for your answer. That was quite helpful to understand the text analysis better!

Thank you and best regards from Germany,

Louisa