cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YTD To PER conversion IN EPM Report

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am Having Below issue:

Scenario: Build up report on top of YTD model which shows data for both YTD and PER measures for Income statement.

Issue: In this report YTD and PER both are giving same values.

It should convert data from YTD to per and PER column should get updated.

What I should get is:

JAN                                              FEB                                                MAR                                                APR

YTD          PER                            YTD            PER                             YTD                PER                         YTD                     PER

GL1           100           100                               200            100                               100               -100                           300                      400

What I am getting is:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this note will resolve your issue

2136030 - Incorrect periodic values for YTD model - BPC NW 10.0/10.1

Prat

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's exactly SAPKW74011 - BW 7.40 SP11

0 Kudos

This issue is specific to few environments only. In other environments the periodic values are being computed correctly. After further analysis, we found out that the error is on account of LAG formula used in measures formula.

MEMBER [MEASURES].[YTD] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="LEQ"),-([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])), ([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])))' SOLVE_ORDER=3

MEMBER [MEASURES].[PERIODIC] AS 'IIF(([%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="INC" OR [%ACCOUNT%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/ACCTYPE")="EXP") AND NOT ([%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="TOTAL" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="Q1" OR [%TIME%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("2/CPMB/PERIOD")="JAN" ), [MEASURES].[YTD]-([MEASURES].[YTD],[%TIME%].LAG(1)), [MEASURES].[YTD])' SOLVE_ORDER=3

For Apr, July and Oct months, the LAG function is not referring to the previous month and for other months the LAG function is referring to correct previous month (as mentioned, this error is pertaining to few environments). We have custom properties in TIME dimension in this environment. Is this error on account of this.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, install upgrade!

Vadim

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You said all periodic values are correct except for Apr, July and Oct.  That is consistent with my analysis of your data but I couldn’t tell why.  Based on your measure formula you are trying to return the prior period for time, [%TIME%].LAG(1).  So I suggest checking your Time dimension and confirming if the prior periods for April, July, Oct are what you expect.

Regards,

Leila

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read here:

0 Kudos

Please find

screenshot attached.

Kindly provide your concern, why I am getting this issue.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like your ACCOUNT is AST or LEQ ACCTYPE - always YTD independent of MEASURE.

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I checked them, this report is having only INC/EXP type accounts, Profit and loss report.

Its build up on YTD model and we are getting YTD ACTUAL data from source into this model.

Is it like we should not transfer P & L accounts data into YTD model??

by default from source we are getting YTD data only for both BS and IS accounts.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, provide a real report screenshot with the local member column showing ACCTYPE property!

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Want to correct the issue.

I took months: June July Aug sept oct nov (Having data from June2014)

Please check the July Months PER figures, its similar to July YTD figure.   Same with OCT month.

Quarter Starting month is giving issue while converting data from YTD to PER.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see YTD<>PERIODIC in all months

Looks like you have to upgrade to the LATEST SP both BW and BPC!

Vadim

0 Kudos

But its happening with only quarter starting months : Like: April,July, Oct.

Is this issue faced by others as well.

We are currently in below SP of BW and BPC, EPM 10 SP is 21.

Please let me know if its required to upgrade to which SP.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Latest:

BW SP11

BPC SP06

You have to perform test upgrade

EPM - doesn't matter

Vadim

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

With YTD storage all values entered for P&N accounts are considered as cumulative of all values from the start of the fiscal year.  So when reporting with periodic measure on YTD storage, the value for each period is calculated by subtracting the last period YTD value from the current period YTD values. With that in mind, the periodic values that you are showing for Jul, Aug, Sept and November are correct.

To put it simpler, your August, September and November periodic values are correct.  However, in June and October the values are showing the same as periodic which can happen if you are using QTD instead of YTD measure.  Please check the measure in your report and confirm it is YTD.  Other than that the values seem to be correct.

Best Regards,

Leila