cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create any custom table in BRF apart from decision tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we create any custom table in BRF apart from decision tables (All 3 decision tables)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

first I guess you mean BRFplus instead of BRF: Within BRFplus you cannot model any type of tables in a DDIC sense.

What you can do and what is the intentention of BRFplus is to model rules that consist of expressions. One of these Expressions is a decision table. Although this is represented as a table it is not intended to replace a DB table directly, so you should not mix that up

What I do not get is "All 3 decison tables" -> There is one dicision table with several settings, but I am not aware of different decision tables

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Appreciate your advise on this!

Yes, I am indicating BRFplus only.

And you are right, it is decision table with several settings like Single Value, User Agent & Non-User Agent decision table.

It is just a thought, that's what I need some guidance on this requirement. The prime intention to do that....

I have designed my Business requirements in Decision table. And this decision table helps to pick the right agent after taking the input from UI.

As I am passing the UI input values to Decision table, similarly I want to maintain one custom table in BRFplus which update the field values for specific material like Material Number, Plant ID, Business Unit ID, Change Request etc.

And from that custom table in BRFplus, I want to validate the records with Mara table like Validate the Plant ID respect to Business Unit.

However, you have mentioned clearly "Although this is represented as a table it is not intended to replace a DB table directly, so you should not mix that up", but still I need input after go through my requirement which I mentioned briefly.

Thank you!

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Not quite sure I have understood what you are asking... but if you want to validate records against existing database tables there are a couple of options.

Firstly if you bind a BRFPlus element to a data dictionary data element that has that database table as a foreign key, it will let you select valid values for your BRFPlus element from the database table. That will probably be sufficient if all you want to do is e.g. make sure the rule owner puts a valid Plant in the Plant ID column and a valid Business Unit in the business unit column.

Remember if they are condition columns it won't be a strict check because any condition column can hold a logical expression not just a simple value, e.g. Business units starting with A, Plants between 1000 and 2000

If instead you need to do an explicit cross check of Plant/Business Unit combinations, you can also use a DB Lookup expression, which essential lets you do something similar to a ABAP SELECT statement.

And of course you can use Procedure Calls to call out to ABAP function modules and static methods, which might be handy if you need to check your agents against the HR Org Structure.

Good luck

Jocelyn