cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment tax wages should stop accumulating at $32,000 for the calendar year

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

New Jersey unemployment wage type /710 & /731 amounts are not calculating correctly for some employees who have transferred from NY to NJ. 

The NJ calculated taxable wages need to take into account the taxable wages earned in NY.

The combined total of taxable wages should stop accumulating at $32,000 for the calendar year.

However, there are employees for whom combined taxable wages exceed this amount.

Wage type /718, /720, /724 & /741 amounts are calculating correctly for NJ employees and wage type /710 & /731 amounts should be the same as those four wage types. 

When an employee changes his or her unemployment state, the employer unemployment taxable wages (/710) from the previous state are correctly taken into consideration when determining the taxable wages for the new state.

Max unemployment taxable  Limit of New jersey is $32000.

Max unemployment taxable  Limit of New York    is $10500.

Here an employee relocates from New york (unemployment taxable limit of $10,500) to New Jersey (unemployment taxable limit of $32,000). If /710 for New york has reached $10,500 prior to the relocation, then /710 for New Jersey will stop at $21,500 (since $10,500 plus $21,500 equals $32,000).

Could you please provide some inputs for the above mentioned issue.

Regards,

Siraj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a small query about the above mentioned issue.

Do you have Employer unemployment tax agreement between New York and New Jersey???

Because I tried so many options to resolve this issue, but nothing helped me.

Please respond..

Thanks in advance..

Siraj.

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one help this issue, this is still open.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

siraj.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

Please check if you have feature 10OSW set-up to do this deactivation for these tax types.

Also, it would be great if you can provide me with USTAX function details from Processing section especially Tax data, BSI interface and tax calculation.

Thanks,

Ameet

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks a lot for a quick response.

I checked the feature 10OSW and no logic is maintained.

I cant share the USTAX function details.

I found note 185863 - TXB: Unemployment and disability taxes for New Jersey which is released in 2001, which resembles my issue.

could you please give some hint.

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Siraj.

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please help me out on the above mentioned issue.

Regards,

Siraj.

VamsiK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

As Ameet has mentioned go to Payroll log and drill down to USTAX fucntion and send the screencapture of what is going on there, that will help us to look at your issue.

also if possible send us your bsi log.

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the attached USTAX function screenshot and BSI interface.

Thanks,

Siraj.

VamsiK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

I have tested your scenario in my system, where I gave my employee wages till he went over 10,500 while in NY and then moved his IT 208 and IT 209 to NJ, because I think the employee you are working looks like he still lives in NY01 based on the Income tax you are still withholding for NY and NY01 in your screen capture.

Attached are my results, maybe my system is out of date and the limit shows as 31,500 for unemployment for NJ

so I have attached screenshots of CRT table where you can see the employee's YTD results for NY where the /710 stopped at 10,500 and for NJ it accumulated till $19,230.76 in the previous pay period so the balance of 1769.24 (32,000 - (10,500+19230.76)) is being accounted for, in the current payroll results.

So it looks to be working good in our system

VamsiK
Participant
0 Kudos

Also attached is the current Rt table

VamsiK
Participant
0 Kudos

Send ur your BSI interface maybe you can copy paste the BSI Interface to a text document and attach it here and we can work with that.

This is how it looks in the same USTAX function in the payroll results log

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have already attached BSI interface in my previous mail dated Jul 16, 2015 8:42 AM.

Please have a look, and help me out to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Siraj.