cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for SAP Business ByDesign and Azure AD SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to implement SSO for ByD but have not been successful yet. We added the application from the Microsoft Azure Application Gallery (SAP BusinessByDesign on Microsoft Azure Marketplace)

We can not find any documentation on how to correctly configure ByD to acceppt SSO calls from Azure AD.

We have imported the Azure AD federation metadata XML in the identity provider section in ByD successfully. So SSO is enabled in ByD. We configured Azure to point to the SSO URL in ByD.

When trying to sign-on the following error message is shown:

AADSTS70001: Application with identifier my332685.sapbydesign.com was not found in the directory 8c3fd900-8b7b-45cb-b2a0-aea95fa20530

Any help is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. After hours of investigation we found a way. But you will need support from SAP to modify settings in the backend. In Azure you have to define a custom application for SAML2 authentication.

ronald_vanherk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Do you some information on what SAP changed in the backend?

I have the strange situation that I have Azure AD SSO working in our test tenant but in our Production tenant I also get the error:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

We received a bad request.

Additional technical information:

Correlation ID: 47f35192-a2c8-4760-a05e-fc794474d8fa

Timestamp: 2016-XX-XX 19:54:16Z

AADSTS70001: Application with identifier 'HTTPS://myXXXXXX-sso.sapbydesign.com' was not found in the directory 44b97XXX-a737-XXXX-83c0-XXXXXX09c43

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Did you have any success with this process?

I would be very interested in how you did it if you succeeded.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier