Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date/Time in Billing output

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All 

What is the main difference in send with application type 3 and send immediately while saving type 4.

I am using one type for sending invoice via mail  and using date/time 4 . I am getting some dump error and I want to change it to 3 .

Can I know what is the main difference .

Regards/Lijo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lijo,

Check for the requirement maintained in the output procedure for the output type, if the routine is custom routine then ask you abaper to check the routine:

Also check the Program &Form assigned to the output type is custom program then problem might be in program. Ask your abaper to keep break point and debug.

Regards

Senya

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

While saving the invoice , I am getting dump error . I have maintained billing output in VV31 for sending mails to customer . While saving the invoice , output also will try to trigger and send the mails to customer . Invoice is not saving and generating dump error . I have maintained the condition record in VV31 for the customer and maintained the medium as 5 and Date/Time is 4.I am able to save the invoice , if change the Date/Time from 4 to 3  for the particular customer in the condition record .This is happening only one customer . I have maintained the medium 5 and Date/time 4 for other customer and saving the invoice without any problem . I have compared this customer with other customer and could not make any difference. I have deleted the condition record and re created  but still I am getting the same error. can any one help on this please .

Regards/Lijo

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Can any one help on this please

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lijo,

Since this is happening only for a particular customer, you have to check with your abaper on the dump error.

I feel that while trying to fetch a particular value from the invoice or for the customer, system is unable to get the value and since no code is written to handle this situation, it is going for dump.

Can you create a fresh SO-Delivery- Invoice for this customer (take the data similar to a case for which the output is triggered successfully). But this way, we can find whether this is related to the customer code or the document which is being outputted.

As told earlier, if you can put the screenshot of the runtime error , it will be easy for others.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

With three (Send with application own transaction) the output type is not sent at the time of saving the document. Rather it is sent with another program example SD70AV3A for billing.

Whereas with 4 (Send immediately (when saving the application)), as soon as you save the document the output is sent.

Logically this is coming from your condition maintained in VV31/32.

Could you elaborate with couple of screen shots what & where you are making change.

Regards

Rahul

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your immediate reply . This is maintained in VV31.

We are getting some dump error while generating this output .our technical team analyzed and said , this is because of this output type with "Date/Time= 4 " immediate processing while sending external email through medium "5 external send .This needs to be changes to 3 and processed after  the document has been saved . What is the difference between Date/tome 3 and 4 . can we use 3 instead of 4 ? Please advice on this .

Thanks and Regards

Lijo

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what I explained you in my previous post. This is what you can do, change the condition to 3. Create a new billing document and check it has 3. Then go in program SD70AV3A, put your output type, billing document and execute. Check in SOST whether e-mail has been triggered or not.

Though you should not get dump with 4. But at least first try with this if your team is already recommending this. Meanwhile are you able to see this 100% error that is with all documents or with random documents? Do you faec same issue in test environment also? If yes try the same in test environment.

Regards

Rahul

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lijo,

Despatch time 4 means as soon as the document is saved, the output is triggered (immediately).

Despatch time 3 means the output will be triggered by another program / transaction which can be run at fixed intervals to trigger such outputs (eg RSNAST00 for triggering billing document outputs).

Can you share the dump error screen and also the setting you have maintained in nace for this output.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lijo,

I assume below thread will address your issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3568665

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

TST system is not getting the error. I have changed to 3 in test system and created the invoice . Status of the output is showing as yellow(Not processed ) . we need to send this invoice to customer via mail .Can you advice on this .

Regards/lijo

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read above message again. Already mentioned what needs to be done after message has been created.

" Then go in program SD70AV3A (SE38), put your output type, billing document and execute. Check in SOST whether e-mail has been triggered or not."

Regards

Rahul

former_member1136049
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

I have done that and I can see the email sent details through SOST. We have done it through program now .But in the PRD system , do we need to create a variant and run as scheduled job ?

Lijo

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lijo

First we need answer very simple question, why are you facing this issue in productive environment but not in test environment. This means, the root cause mentioned by your team is bit doubtful. I would recommend to check that before you change your process.

If that's the call i.e. instead of 4 you want to use 3 then of course you need to save a variant in this program and schedule a background job which could be after 5 mins, 1 hour, 3 hours, etc. depending upon how frequent output is generated. Make sure you change output condition also.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Rahul

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lijo,

Despatch time 4 means as soon as the document is saved, the output is triggered (immediately).

Despatch time 3 means the output will be triggered by another program / transaction which can be run at fixed intervals to trigger such outputs (eg RSNAST00 for triggering billing document outputs).

But in your case, the dump error might be due to some other reason.

Can you post the error analysis screenshot here please.

Alternatively,you can sit with your ABAPer and check the reason for dump error.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles