cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Events Should I choose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to recommend which auditing events and event details to choose for a client of mine.  In general, I would say the more things you audit, the more work the auditing process will be doing and the more resources you will tie up.  So, you should only keep what you need.  The default is a good place to start.  However, I was wondering if any of you have a good tip about an auditing event that you find especially useful to keep that does not come with the default, and you have seen it been used more than other events.  Also, if event details at the query level are maintained have you seen anyone been especially happy with their system after having set that on?  I usually recommend rights details at user group and rights only. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

To start with audit reports, default is good option, but to choose other auditing events and event details, selection depends on what kind of data is required, as using audit reports with more objects will add extra load on server.

I have developed different reports on audit universe(oracle 11g) which fetch data for :

• Status of daily scheduled BO reports along with reports refresh duration.

• No of users(sessions) logged in to different nodes of a clustered environment on hourly basis, this report is developed to identify session/users count at busy hours.

• To identify the event( logon,logout & refresh) and its client application type with event date stamp and its duration.

If you need details regarding these reports i can help you.

Vizit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding,

For those above reports, did you require anything in addition to default level auditing? 

To run out of the box Crystal Reports in 4.x, do we only need default level auditing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Regret for late response.

Answer to your 1st question:

• I used custom level auditing, but options defined were amongst default level.
  • Event detail level I used - user group detail and folder path detail.

For second question : To run out of the box Crystal Reports in 4.x, we can change auditing level as per our requirement.

The attached sample auditing universe and reports may help you started in the process of developing custom auditing reports for SAP Business Objects 4.0. The reports and the universe are not supported by SAP. They are provided as-is, and for the purposes of being used as a starting point in the process of developing your custom auditing universe and reports.

You can use the Audit universe and Reports as a base for your purposes.

Please refer the below Links for Sample Auditing Universe and Reports for SAP BusinessObjects 4.0:

Available Reports:

• IP Addresses - Logon Events
  • Jobs Details
  • Objects - Events Details
  • Publications Details
  • Rights Details
  • Users Details

Links:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40711187-04e8-2d10-d190-851e20c7665a

Thanks,

Vizit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the above to reference to capture what is logged at every logging level. Based on the events captured you may need to go for Auditing level. I prefer to go for Default always as the client required Audit activities always captured at that level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I think default usually does it too.  What about event details?  It is not clear what you mean by "Based on the events captured you may need to go for Auditing level" , as we are already talking about Auditing. I think you mean Event Detail level.  And if you do mean that, can you tell me when you have seen a client be happy with some event detail level ? 

Thanks