Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Fixed Assets migration

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Some of the fixed assets during migration were migrated with the wrong fixed asset class, and so an incorrect account determination of the data migration journal entries.

I can reverse these postings manually with journal entries.

But in the future automatic depreciation runs, the journal entries will be incorrect.

As you know I can't modify the fixed asset class in fixed assets if the account determination group is different.

And the option "Reverse migration" is not active for the fixed assets.

What can I do?? To make another migration of the wrong fixed assets corrected?? How?

Many thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

If the assets were migrated with the Master data (like in your case with wrong class) then it will not be possible to correct/Change values.

You will need to reverse the migration and perform migration again with the correct data.

As seen in the screenshot, Reverse migration button is grayed out.

This could be due to the reason that you don't have valid process control for the Migration posting date.

Please check following and adjust accordingly.

1) General ledger work center

2) Select Companies view

3) Select the row with the company

-Note the Posting date for Migration.

4) Click on Set process control

5) Show : relevant for today

- There should be an entry similar to below

Process control status : Not blocked

Business process group : 09 - Migration

Entry Possible until  : today or in future

From Posting date :

To Posting date :

The period of the From Posting Date / To Posting Date always refers to the posting date(In this case posting date for migration noted in step 3).  So Migration posting date should be in between From posting date and to posting date.

I am assuming that this process control entry does not exist and hence reverse migration button is not enabled.

Please maintain process control entry and then check.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers

In my screenshot fixed asset example, I didn't notice that a key user executed the Reverse migration before.

So at this point,with all the depreciations postings reversed of the data migration, I will have to perform migration again...

- But i suppose only of the wrong fixed assets  once corrected?? or for all again?

- What will happen with the every previous migrated fixed asset in master data? will be replaced or duplicated??

Please let me know, because I never perfomed new migrations to correct and i don't know how it works.

Many thanks

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

You need to perform migration again only for the erroneous asset and not for all assets.

- if you perform migration for all assets again, system will not allow you as system runs into error records already exist (for example : inventory ID exist).

- if migration is performed for the erroneous assets then system will not touch existing assets and create new fixed asset based on the new migration template.

However we suggest you to perform this activities in the test system first.

Regards,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal

Once I perform a new migration with the erroneus fixed assets now corrected:

- Do you know what will happen with the initial master data of the erroneus assets?? The new ones would be duplicated with a new ID?? will replace the old ones??

I mean, I don't know what  I'm going to find in the Fixed Assets list, because the wrong migration postings were reverted but not the master data of that erroneus fixed assets.

Regards

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

If you perform migration again, new assets will be created. Nothing happens with the old ones (erroneous or correct assets)

- Do you know what will happen with the initial master data of the erroneous assets?? The new ones would be duplicated with a new ID?? will replace the old ones??

Answer --> Postings for the  erroneous assets is reversed hence asset would be in status retired.

New assets with new Fixed asset IDs will be created.

In the fixed asset work center, you can search for this new assets using inventory IDs mentioned for the same in the migration template.

I hope this answers your query,

Regards,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal

The problem is that the postings were reversed but the status of that Fixed Assets is still Capitalized

There's no any fixed asset in the Retired view. Maybe I need to make changes in the Life Cycle data??

Many thanx again

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

Can you please provide me the screenshots of

1) Fixed asset -> Master data -> Life Cycle data tab

2) Fixed asset -> Master data -> Individual material tab

With these details, let me check and try to reproduce the issue. Will udpate you with the findings.

Regards,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Fixed asset with migration already reverted as you see in postings, and Status Capitalized.

Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

So, I managed to reproduce the same situation.

Reversing Migration postings will not retire fixed asset. You will need to maintain deactivation date.

As per your screenshot (And also with my testing), I noticed that Deactivation date is grayed out which means we will not be able to set the deactivation date.

To Enable this,

1) remove the process control entry set up for the migration.

2) Close the migration Project

Now Deactivation date should be enabled. Set the date to retire asset.

3) Create new Project in business configuration for migration

4) redo Migration with Correct data

: Thanks for the help and clarification.

Cheers.

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Harshal for your help.

Best regards

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know that we were able to solve your issue.

Cheers,

Harshal

anantharaman_l
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

The deactivation of the asset could be done at last after re-migrating all the asset data correctly. This would avoid the necessity for a new migration project to be created.

Best Regards
Anantharaman L

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharaman

Then I understand that making a re-migration, in the same project, of the erroneus assets with correct data, the deactivation date will be un-grayed in the old assets.

Thanks

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

This doesn't work Anantharaman

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again Harshal

But in Step 2:

Close the migration Project, I don't know what does it mean. It refers to close the whole implementation Project and open a new?

The migration activity is already closed, and the deactivation date of fixed assets remains grayed.

Thanx once more

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

Closing Migration Project means , Closing the whole project. So that further changes in the Implementation project is not allowed.

After which you should be able to maintain deactivation date.

Approach mentioned by anantharaman is :

1) Migrate erroneous assets with the correct data again - This should create new assets in the system, Erroneous assets will remain as it is in the system.

2) Close the Project

3) Remove the process control entry set up for the migration

4) Maintain Deactivation date for the erroneous assets which were initially migrated wrongly.

Could you please elaborate as why approach mentioned by Ananth is not working? Is there any errors?

Cheers,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I understood that wouldn't be necessary to close the whole Project with Anantharaman approach.

So I tried and didn't work.

At the moment I can't close the whole implementation Project because there is still some activities to complete, but I see that there's no other way and I will have to do it in a medium term!

Thanks again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

as Anantharaman pointed out: According to the screenshot it seems that there are not postings - only "0.00" values all over, at least in the lines that are visible in the screenshot. If there were really no postings, then there is also no posting to reverse.

Regards

Michael

anantharaman_l
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure the migrated values have been posted?

Do you see any journal entry listed out in the Values tab of the same fixed asset?

I ask this because I do not se see any values in the screenshot you've posted and the fields are still editable.

Best Regards
Anantharaman L