Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acquisition value posting Issue

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

We have created two Depreciation Areas for our requirement the set-up is as follows

Depreciation Area 01

We need to post the certain assets with acquisition values in this area we have configured Leading Ledger (0L) for the same. And it will get post in other Ledgers as well

Depreciation Area 50

We need to post the certain assets with acquisition values in this area we have configured Local Ledger (SL) for the same.

Our requirement is we want to restrict to Acquisition posting to Specific Ledger (0L) not in the other Ledger (Depreciation area 01)

Advance Thanks,

Bhaskar Reddy.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Erico_Mattos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear friend.

Due the new general ledger feature (Parallel Accounting and Asset Accounting (FI-AA)) it will be posted in both ledger.

Reference: AC210 - New General Ledger Accounting

"The FI accounts to which postings are made in the ledger approach in New General Ledger

Accounting are exactly the same ones in each depreciation area. The valuation approaches can still

differ, however, because they are saved in different (general) ledgers.

The asset values are updated in all the ledgers simultaneously during one posting"

The way to solve that is create a custom Transaction Type for Acquisitions (AO73) and to limit the depreciation area that will be posted (OAYA).

AO73:

OAYA:

Using this custom transaction type on "Additional details" tab in ABZON you will get what you want.

Please,

After execute the posting analyze the Offsetting Account of this asset class on the depreciation area 50.

You will see a credit and a debit (The system uses the ASKBN in background.) of the same amount. So the account on SL ledger will stay balanced (Depreciation area 50)

Let us know your progress.

I faced the same problem some weeks ago then I'm just sharing what I learned.

My thread:

Post Asset Acquisition Only on Leading Ledger (0L)

Thank you very much.

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erico Mattos,

I have created new Transaction Type "Y10"  in T.code : AO73

in T.code : OAYA I have Maintained Depreciation area 01 only

I was Crated a Asset with Both Depreciation Areas 01 and 50

Then I was Posted Entry through T.code : ABZO by using Transaction Type : Y10

Now entry was Posted in Both the Ledgers because of Leading ledger will pass the entry 0L and SL it is fine but here I have issue in Asset Explorer T.code : AW01N

In T.code : AW01N Depreciation area 01 Values is showing but Depreciation area 50 Values is empty

Please refer the below screen shot for your reference.

Depreciation area 01 asset values shown below

and Depreciation area 50 asset values are empty.

Kindly advise how I will get the values Depreciation area 50

Advance Thanks,

Bhaskar Reddy.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me in limit transaction type you have to enter both the Depreciation Areas 01 and 50 and then Display for selection tick is to be done in 50 depreciation are and Always post is not to be ticked for Depreciation area 50. Kindly try that once.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar Jain,

I have Tried above scenario it was posted duplicate invoice for Non leading Ledger.

0L is Posed both the Ledgers and SL is Posted Non Leading Ledger.

in FAGLL03 Ledger Group SL it is showing duplicate invoice.

Regards,

Bhaskar Reddy.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, seems in ledger group 0L you have 2 ledgers - 0L and SL?

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Yes We have two ledgers 0L is Leading Ledger and SL is for Non leading ledger.

Kindly see the Original Post starting from fist.

Regards,

Bhaskar Reddy.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asking about Ledger group 0L and not about Ledger 0L.

So to LG 0L are assigned 2 Ledgers?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

' if you are on new FI-AA you could in ABZON manualy enter ledger/depr. areas during aquisition'

Key words here 'New FI-AA', which is available starting from sfin 1.0

former_member253084
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, basicaly new FI-AA is available starting from EHP7 (read info for business function FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL)

It's one of prerequisites for sfin1.0 and sfin 2.0 (or s/4 hana financial or on-premise 1503)

But in sfin* it was enhanced,

here you cah find help for fi-aa for sfin 2.0

Asset Accounting (FI-AA) (New) - SAP Library

In the same way you can find for sfin 1.0

Also you can read it in course AC110.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you are on new FI-AA you could in ABZON manualy enter ledger/depr. areas during aquisition, if you are not put it, then posting perform to all area.

For old FI-AA you coud try to write abap code for clearing amount for combination movement type/area in SMOD AINT0004

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

At the time of asset master creation, deactivate the depreciation area which you do not want to post transactions. Then system wont post it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the Depreciation Area 01 is real time depreciation so I think the limit of transaction type to a particular depreciation may also not work for this case. You can try using T-Code FB01L for posting to specific ledger.

Regards,

Malhar.