cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBIP Tool to add new component to existing BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I'm trying to use LSMW with IBIP Object 0030 (BOM) and Method 0002 (Change) so we can add new components to existing Equipment and FuncLoc BOM's. I have defined tcodes as IB02 and IB12 in my two LSMW's, and mapped the usual header and item fields.

When I run the conversion, no errors result, but the change that results is the deletion of the components already in the BOM, and insertion of the components in the upload file. Appears the program is replacing current components with the file components.

As an example, a BOM has 4 components (A, B, C, D) pre-load. I run a load to add components E and F. The resulting BOM after the load only has E and F as components. The Change Log for the BOM shows 4 deletions, and 2 insertions.

Is this expected?

I'm happy to build the input file to include the components already assigned, but did wonder if there was a flag or field in the program to denote the record as being a new component, rather than an edit of an existing.

Regards

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alfred,

You shouldn't be hijacking an old post.. Its better to create a new one instead and refer to any useful info.

The IBIP transaction is standard and is the old method of loading PM/CS data into SAP. IBIP has largely been replaced by transaction LSMW, which can still use much of the IBIP functionality.

PeteA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

It is as expected as described in SAP Help in transaction OS43 (see below)  , meaning if you would like only to add 2 components (E, F)   ,then you have to list all 6 (A, B, C, D , E , F)  in order not to delete the (A, B, C, D ) existing components.

ther is no special flag to update record .

See this part from SAP Help in transaction OS43:

"The input data must contain all items that are to be in the target system on the key date.

The report compares the items in the input file with the items in the taget system BOM on the key date, which you include in the BOM header of the input file. All items that are not included in the input file are deleted."

Regards,

Ziv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ziv. Missed that in the help, and it's stated pretty clearly!

I'd much rather use IBIP than BDC where possible. A very reliable set of tools.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230000
Participant
0 Kudos

Perhaps this solution would help you. However it is more of an interactive tool where users can compare BOMs and copy items between them. It is intended for maintaining BOM on a regular basis rather than doing data loads.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

Here's a useful post:

PeteA