cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP: save buffer data (planning sequence)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus:

I m on BW 7.4 on Hana, we are using Integrated Planning with Analysis for Office and we have the case where the user is going to run a planning sequence, but we need to save the buffer data to the transactional-infocube immediately. I ve been trying to use the UPC_FUNCEXEC_SAVE on a fox function with the same filter that the stef before (since some posts mention this as a solution) but no data is saved...am I missing something? or do I need to create a custom function to save bufer data?

regards

mah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mah,

just do what the afo guide tells us

you find it here

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AMS14/en/14_aaoffice_user_en.pdf

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia, thanks for answering.

But what I need is to save buffer data when the planning sequence is run, those are my sequence steps:

1. copy

2. fox to do some calculatioms

3. this step is supposed to save in the infoprovider the data generated in steps 1 and 2

I m facing problems setting step 3.

regards

mah

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

Create a button including planning sequence and save command PlanDataSave.
You may refer to my wiki link How to Create RSTT trace for Analysis of Planning Objects in Analysis Office - SAP NetWeaver Busines...

and add the following line at the end:
lResult= Application.Run("SAPExecuteCommand", "PlanDataSave")

Then when you click this button, the planning sequence and save command can be executed in one action.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

a planning sequence consists only of planning functions.

So include only step 1 and 2 into the sequence and have the save directly after the seqence in your button.

regards

Cornelia

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with your response.

I have used similar script function in SAP Design studio to save the data after execution of planning sequence and it works.

Regards,

Raja.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it´s the same in all frontends ...