Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Webi Report on BPC Infocube

former_member419358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am working on BW - BPC - BO project.  Below is my scenario and need your input whether I can develop finance report like P&L, Balance Sheet, Ratio analysis on top of BPC infocubes directly or not ?

1. I am working on BW 7.3, BPC 10.0 and BO 4.1 system.

2. Below are the Finance model configured in BPC 10.0 system due to which infocubes are created automatically in BI automatically.

Q. Should I create BEx queries on top of FINANCE infocube or FINANCE_B infocube so that I can design structure for P&L, Balance Sheet, Ratio Analysis ?

Q. FINANCE_B is the infocube created automatically in BI when we tick "Use as Source of Data" in BPC model called FINANCE. There is a transient query on top of this infocube which brings all the data for different company codes, fiscal year, currency, profit center etc... but I have to build my own structure for P&L, Balance Sheet, Ratio analysis. So, should I use FINANCE_B infocube and create my bex queries or I should not create BEx queries on FINANCE_B infocube? Do let me know if there is any challenge

Q. I tried and develop a BEx query on FINANCE_B infocube and it showed me 0 records but when i run transient query which is created automatically then it shows data. What could be the  reason behind this ?

Q. What is the best way to develop BO report from BPC infocube ?  As SAP recommends to develop BEx query first on infocube and then design webi report from BEx query but I am facing challenge while developing BEx query on top of FINANCE_B infocube as mentioned in above question.

Q. Should we move data from FINANCE_B infocube to one new infocube in SAP BI and then develop BEx queries and design my finance report structure and export to Webi report ?

Your inputs are highly appreciated as I am new to BPC-BW integration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member419358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am putting one more note.

I have do design 20 webi reports for P&L and Balance Sheet from BPC FINANCE_B infocube. All reports have different structure like Global view, IFRS and US GAAP. The best approach would be design 20 BEx queries in BI and call them in BO which minimize the development time.

Q. Can I create my own BEx queries from the FINANCE_B infocube and call them in BO rather then using transient query from FINANCE_B infocube  ? I read that if we create BEx query on top of FINANCE_B info cube then if BPC model changes will impact the BEx queries created and need to regenerate them again.

Q. Can you please highlight what kind of impact it is ?

Q. Regeneration means we just need to add additional characteristics / key figures or anything else ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q. Should we move data from FINANCE_B infocube to one new infocube in SAP BI and then develop BEx queries and design my finance report structure and export to Webi report ?

Yes you can do that move data from FINANCE_B infocube to new infocube in SAP BI and then develop BEx queries and design my finance report structure and export to Webi report.

I have attached word document how to transfer data from one infocube to other in SAP BI.Please follow that document to move data.

former_member419358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for sending a document however it shows we have to do things in BPC. What I am asking is... Can we do something at BI level and move data from FINANCE infocube (Real Time infocube) to Standard InfoCube OR FINANCE_B cube ( Virtual Infocube) to Standard InfoCube ?