cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including SOP/SMP in task list operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to define/create SOP-Standard operating procedure, SMP-Standard maintenance procedure in SAP PM and how to add it to my operations of task list?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

While working with SAP, It is all about

1. Listing our requirements

2. Knowing the functionalities available in SAP for different requirements

and then

3. Using a suitable SAP functionality for each of our requirement.

In the present case

You have 2 subjects. One SOP and the other SMP. SAP-PM obviously connects to SMPs where as SOPs are related to operations of anything. IT can be starting, operating, switching off, Safety procedure anything.

SOPs

In my opinion SOP mostly suits to be attached as a document to concerned SAP object (Equipment, F/Locn, Material, Notification, Order etc). So whe it is the case of attaching as a document, you have mainly 2 option,

1. Attaching to GOS tool bar of the object.

2. Attaching as a DIR (DMS) in the Addl data tab of the Object.

Obviously the 3rd option can be putting this information as a longtext to the object as Pavan opined. (But this is not like SAP).

SMPs

As the name indicates, this is a list of jobs to be performed during a category of maintenance procedure, such as General check-up, Visual check-up, Overhauling of equipments like Air conditioner, Ventilation system, Time-based maintenance such as Bi-weekly maintenance, Monthly maintenance, Annual maintenance and so on.

We can directly identify this class with Taklists. We can configure them as different tasklists which can be used in plans. If these SMPs are common across several equipments then they will be mapped as General Maintenance Taklist, if they are specific to Equipments then they can be Equipment Tasklist or F/Locn Tasklist.

So in my view SMPs are Taklists and SOPs are documents to be made available to be referred as per requirements in the context of Maintenance.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for detailed explanation. I understood it now. I'm currently using task list for maintenance, I thought that there is a column for SOP , I thought it's the same.

Regards,

Sandeep

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Can you please clarify what your definition is of SOP/SMP. It can sometimes differ between companies/countries.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pete,

SOP is standard operating procedure which consists of detailed step by step instruction to operate an equipment or about the production process.

SMP is standard maintenance procedure which contains step by step instruction to perform a maintenance task on an equipment.

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

To my knowledge, it can be done in 2 or 3 ways. Based on Business requirement.

1. In tasklist header long text or operation long text - you can mention the specific operating or maintenance procedures.

2. You can use concept of Standard Text keys. Standard text key can be created using CA10. In the long text, you can give your procedures. In tasklist or order - you can assign the standard text key so that the short text and long text of that operation gets updated.

3. If you want to attach documents, then you can assign to specific equipments/functional location using DMS.

Lets wait for other replies to know any other method of doing this.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you pavan for your answer.

Regards,

Sandeep