Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CB ATP without checking the level of a Distribution Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please clarify the following question:

Can we perform ATP check only at a characteristic level, without checking the level of a Distribution Center?

We have following business case:

CategoryRecipt/Rqmts ElementRecipt/Rqmts QuantityATP Quantity
StockDistribution Center
Inquiry
Inquiry №1
StockCharacteristick A100100
StockCharacteristick B0-30
Inquiry №1Inquiry №1-30

ATP Quantity at Distribution Center level is less than ATP Quantity at the characteristic level A. Than user create Inquiry with characteristic «A» (ATP quantity for this area is 100 ) system confirm only  70 , because only so much we have available stock at DC level.

This is contrary to the business requirements. It is necessary that the system confirm the quantity that is available at the specified characteristic.

Is it standard system behavior or it is wrong configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vladimir Bagaev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VV

Yes can do characteristic based ATP (product availability). Go through the below link and check your process and customizing is in sync with pre-requisite. 

Characteristics-Based Product Availability Check - Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) - SAP Li...

Also check SAP note

601813 - FAQ: Characteristic evaluation in ATP check mode

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the answer, and links. However, I have learned this information, but did not find the answer to my question.

If you say that the system may perform availability at characteristic level without checking the DC level, please advise that we have to change in customising that DC level is not checked.

Regards,

Vladimir

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VV

Your scenario is still not clear, could you make it more clear. On the other hand logically if there is stock of 500 in DC then characteristics wise it should be less then this. This means two batches of 200 and 300 and character in both could be same or different Making it equal to or less then 500.

but as per your example you are saying character has more quantity then total quantity at DC, correct me if my understanding is wrong?

REgards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your understanding is wrong! I didn't say about quantity (stock), I said about ATP quantity.

I agree that the stock  at the characteristick level can not be more than the stock at the DC level.

But in the case of ATP quantity it is possible  (see my example).

Regards,

Vladimir

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VV

Since you have one in negative so total left is 70 only though at that characteristic its 100. Check SAP note

609893 - Negative stock in ATP characteristic time series

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rahul, thank you for reply, the note is interesting, but I've not get an answer for my question: Can we perform ATP check only at a characteristic level, without checking the level of a Distribution Center?

Regards,

Vladimir

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VV

To best of my knowledge I don't think that this is possible in standard as it narrow downs from plant to storage location to batch. If total at plant/DC level is 70 then it will confirm that much at characteristic level and this is what you are experiencing.

On the other hand we can use BADI's/Exit's to modify the behavior. Just for example go through SAP notes:

376773 - User Exit EXIT_SAPAPO SAPLBOP_FILT_010

377186 - Backorder procg User exit EXIT_SAPAPO SAPLBOP_SORT_020

1825011 - new BAdI BADI_ATPC in Enhancement Spot ATP_PUBLISH_RESULTS

I hope these exits/badi help you in achieving the same by ignoring DC and checking at characteristic level. But be cautious in doing so as this might show over-confirmation.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (0)