cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which business package to install for using Travel application in Netweaver 7.4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Client has upgraded from ehp3 to ehp6 and netweaver 7.0 to 7.4 .

On staging server Business packages BP_ERP5ESS and BP_ERP5MSS is present.

In 7.0 , travel management was implemented using web dynpro java ivews. which are now not available in 7.4 .

personal information, working times ,benefits and payments are all in webdynpro abap which are working fine even after upgrade .

only travel application in ESS was implemented using webdynpro java ivews .Currently only EA-TRV is activated in staging system.

Should I install Business packages BP ERP ESS WDA 1.50 and BPERP05 MSS 1.51   before activating FIN_TRAVEL_1 business function.

Kindly reply to the post at the earliest.

Regards,

Yashika Thakur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashika,

whether you need the business packages you mentioned depends on what means you use for navigation. For example: In our company (EHP6 on NW 731) we use the Launchpad (ESS MENU) for navigational means and within that launchpad we published the travel services as WDA services, hence we do not use the business packages at all. Another possibility would have been to publish them as Portal Sites (POP) i.e. pointing to the Portal Roles from the business packages you mentioned, however theres no benefit to this at all, because the iViews in the Rioles point to the WDA services yet again.

Briefly speaking: you have to determine what means of navigation you want to use before you can determin whether you need the business packages.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using launch pad for navigation.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashika,

this would then mean that you have BF HCM_ESS_WDA_1* activated too, correct? In that case you don't need the business packages at all and can just publish the Travel Services as type Webdynpro ABAP within the launchpad.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah i published the travel services and application is now appearing in the portal.

Regards,

Yashika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do u publish the travel services as type ABAP Webdynpro.

Regards

Purushottam