cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Refresh Property of a Crystal Report in SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm currently exploring Crystal SDK and can't figure out the code to refresh the default database logon information of a report like this in CMC:

Does somebody know how to do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to BI .NET SDK forum.

Need to know what version of the SDK you are using and BOE Server?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

The DLL has version 14.0.2000.0 (SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0) in it and Server is SAP Crystal Server 2013.

0 Kudos

That is the assembly version, it never changes. Look in Programs and Features, should tell you what version it is.

Try searching, you may find more info also. Are you trying to refresh the report in the SDK or the info saved in CRS?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

It's SAP Crystal Server Client Tools 2013 SP5 (Version 14.1.5.1501) in Programs and Features.

I would like to refresh the report in the SDK.

I used the SDK to copy the Report by using InfoObjects.Copy method. Afterwards, I changed the properties for Database Configuration (Datasource, DB Server, User Name, Password) thru the SDK also. This worked. The only problem that I have is that it didn't reflect the updated Database Configuration when viewing the report (right click > View).

I need to manually refresh the database config in CMC as shown above to see the changes.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: newcrystal -

0 Kudos

Ah, now you need to publish the report back to CMS.

Doing a Save should update the info object properties in the CMS.

So question is how are you publishing/pushing the report back to the CMS?

Don