cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquidity Planner using FLQAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented Liquidity Planner in our systems.

Due to large volume of transactions in bank accounts, treasury team clears documents (in bank clearing accounts) based on amounts at the month end. e.g. 400 credit line items are cleared with 400 debit amounts. Some times the count on either sides may vary due to manual adjustment postings.

When we run FLQAD for bank statement line items, the program run keeps on processing. In some cases FLQAD run does not get completed even for a day.

I am just wondering since many to many clearing is not uncommon in SAP, how is FLQAD is being used. How big companies, having large volume of bank postings and many to many clearing, are using liquidity planner.?

Highly appreciate your suggestions and help.

Thanks,

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We always try to avoid massive clearings because of the problem you are reporting. You may consider to use transaction code F.13 to automatically clear open items in pairs instead of massive clearings, that would be my preferred solution.

Anyway, if you can't avoid the massive clearings, you may also consider transaction code FLQINFACC to directly assign any account to a liquidity item, with 'Further" flag unchecked, then the system will just assign the liquidity item without navigating through all possible combinations which is your problem.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for a solution where we can avoid these mass clearing documents, without LI assignment to GL in FLQINFACC. e.g. using program RFLQ_OVERFLOW_FI.

Would like to know how this program works.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We did two actions to avoid the overflow problem:

1.- Ask our banks to debit all transfers one by one (except the payroll), then our F110 process is also individually posting in the bank account, and finally the statement upload process is automatically clearing the transfers one by one. This is the way we can avoid massive clearing documents that produce later problems in FLQ process.

2.- Where it's not possible to avoid massive clearing documents, because users need to clear hundreds of positions in the same document, we are using the FLQINFACC customizing, it's not the preferred solution but sometimes you have to sacrifice accuracy for speed.

I've never used RFLQ_OVERFLOW_FI, but after having a quick look sounds like it will consume some development time because of the exits you will have to use in FLQC13, it's an interesting option though, hope you can find the solution through it.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

I would explore further on available options to choose from.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Answers (0)