Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 - PayloadZipBean Unzipping issue

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario of file-to-file (I place the file in AL11 using SXDA_TOOLS t-code) where I pick up a zip file from the source and unzip it in the target. The zip file contains a .txt file.

My configuration in Adapter Module is shown below -

I used message transformation bean based on the suggestions provided by Stefan in the link -

File picking goes fine but while unzipping in receiver adapter using PayloadZipBean, I am getting two errors in specific conditions -

1. When I zip the file using Windows compression tool and place it in AL11, I get the below error -

2. When I zip the file using WinZip tool and place it in AL11, I get the below error -

Kindly help me out in this regard and let me know how can I fix this issue?

P.S.: In case the images are not clear, you can view the images clearly by clicking on each image.

Regards,

Arkesh

Message was edited by: Arkesh Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You all for your time and helpful responses.

The issue has been resolved. The problem lied with the upload of zip files in AL11 directory. The encoding used to change when I uploaded zip files using SXDA_TOOLS t-code.

When I performed a similar operation using FileZilla Server, it worked fine.

The Zip-Unzip scenario with SXDA_TOOLS t-code was working fine as I only upload a TXT file and the module had to zip it before sending it to the target and then unzipping it. So, encoding of zip was not an issue. But while uploading a zip file it somehow meddled with the zip format.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

The reason for the error is that you have not mentioned any parameter value for CallSapAdapter.

Kindly mention parameter value as "exit" for CallSapAdapter.

Note: A brief hint is obtained from the first error screenshot which states "Exception caught by adapter framework: {0}"

Regards,

Souvik

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

Thank you for your response.

Please specify the Parameter Name that I need to use with the Parameter Value "exit" for CallSapAdapter. I was trying to figure out the Parameter Name for the module CallSapAdapter but could not find one so it would be helpful if you can provide it.

Regards,

Arkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

No need to find the parameter name

In Prosessing Sequence, kindly put the module key as exit for CallSapAdapter. Also the Type should be Local Enterprise Bean.

That will solve the problem.

Kind Regards,

Souvik

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arkesh,

Please check if the zip file is zip64 type. Right click on zip file and check properties (SAP note has example image at bottom). It is not supported by PI / PO.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1762554

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank You for taking time out in replying to my query.

I have checked the link provided by you. In that link it says -

"

• Java's built-in java.util.zip supports ZIP64 from version Java 7.
  • Currently no PI version uses Java 7 (i.e.: SAPJVM 7).
  • Therefore PayloadZipBean does not support the compression format zip64.

"

Whenever I launch my PI 7.4, it launches with Java 7. There is a small pop-up that shows Java 7 whenever I click on ESR/ID link on the home page. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Moreover, I tried checking the properties of the zip folder but I do not see anywhere whether it is zip64 or not. Please find the snapshot below -

Regards,

Arkesh