cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Java connect user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

We are facing a strange issue on our PI/XI High Availability system ( Dual Stack ). Abap Stack is running fine but java stack not starting. In jcmon it fails during bootstrap. We found the issue in log files that Java Connect User SAPSIDDB password expired. We decided to reset the password on OS level & configtool, but we found that the user does not exists on OS level, possibly deleted. We recreated the user manually at OS level & then maintained password in Configtool secure store but it still do not work.

My view is that when we created the SAPSISDB user manually we assigned a random user id & groupid ( matching from quality system ) as we did not have any information about the user.

Can anybody let me know if there is any DB2 table which stores the information for Java connect user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

as per DBA guide

================

sap<sapsid>db
SAP systems based on AS Java

This user owns all SAP database objects (tables, indexes, and views) and additionally has the SYSMON authorization. All database connection and instance access operations for an SAP application server are performed with this user.
This user is only created on SAP systems on which the SAP system database has been installed (not on remote application servers).

To determine the database connect user, check the environment of the <sapsid>adm user:
If the environment variable dbs_db6_user exists, it contains the name of the database connect user.
If dbs_db6_user does not exist, the environment variable dbs_db6_schema contains the name of the database connect user.
If both environment variables do not exist, the name of the database connect user is sapr

The database connect user requires at least the database authorizations CREATETAB, BINDADD,CONNECT, and IMPLICIT_SCHEMA. The user also needs access to the SAP system tablespaces belonging to its <SAPSID>.
By default, access to SAP system tablespaces is granted to PUBLIC, that is, tablespaces can be accessed by all users that have CONNECT authorizations

==============

so check that the authorizations of the users are correct. I'd also check the connection to the Java with the help of note

784264    DB6: Testing the JDBC database connection

just to be sure the user is the problem , note 850486 might also help for analysis

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/850486

Regards,
Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Could you please check via transaction SU01 if there is a user called SAPSIDDB in your ABAP part? The users may be retrieved from your ABAP stack and its password might be expired.

Regards,

Serhat

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sriram , But the link provided looks like applicable for i system & windows system. Also our scenario is different. In our case OS is HP Unix, Database DB2 9.7 & the problem arised due to crashing of DB Node base OS Disks. We had to shift HP Service Guard cluster packages to CI node to keep SAP System running. As by default user SAPSIDDB is only created on DB Node hence when shifted to CI Node ABAP stack started but Java Stack unable to start. Now as DB node is freshly installed by copying from CI Node so user SAPSIDDB is missing & not working for starting Java instance even after manually creating user on OS level it & updating password in configtool. This is probably due to new os level uid etc assigned to the user.

I feel that there should be some database table which stores connect user id etc information but not able to find it yet.