cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Start Date for Assets acquired on or before the 15th of a month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario I am facing is that when an asset is acquired before or on the 15th; the depreciation start date should be the start of the period. I tried playing with the period control but in my case the depreciation start date from SAP always starts from the mid month when I am using a straight line method? Any suggestions on what I could potentially do? Manually changing the depreciation date is not an option.

Specific example: Asset acquired on 15th June, 2015, then the depreciation start date should be June 1, 2015.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

You have to select the period control "02 -Pro rata upto mid-period at period start date" in the period control method of the depreciation key.  However, if you have selected dep.to the day check box in the depreciation key, then system wont check period control method. It defaults the posting date as dep.start date.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

You are right, I tried this period control and it worked. On another note, I see that SAP suggests what the depreciation period should be based on the period control attached to the depreciation key but the depreciation date is still the same as the capitalization date. Message no. AA186 is just warning; how do I have the depreciation date change automatically based on the dep key?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

When you do first acquisition posting for the asset the system will determine depreciation start date automatically based on the period control method. But this is not applicable for dep.to the day calculation activated in the dep.key. Here the depreciation start date is capitalization date of the asset.

Regards,

Mukthar