Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver determination for Fiori Approve Purchase Orders

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have set up the standard Fiori Approve Purchase Orders application and are able to access it from the Launchpad.

I have a question pertaining to the approver determination in the Fiori app - in our case the release strategy is not constant and we are determining the approver users from an exit dynamically on the basis of cost center, material group and total amount of PO.

So we cannot maintain the entries in the table in SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Workflow.

With this, how can we make sure that the corresponding workitems are shown for the approver users when they open the Approve PO Fiori app? Currently even though the approver user has some POs pending in the SAP Inbox, the same are not being fetched and shown in the Approve PO Fiori app - the count of workitems in the app tile is shown as 0.

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh

Did you do this step?

Specify the workflow tasks that are relevant for approving purchase orders. You do this in Customizing forMaterials Management under Start of the navigation path Purchasing Next navigation stepPurchase Order Next navigation stepApprove Purchase Orders App Next navigation stepSpecify Workflow Task IDs for Approve Purchase Orders App End of the navigation path. For more information, see the documentation available in Customizing.

From App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your immediate response Former Member !

I have already maintained the workflow task ID in the ERP system under Customizing forMaterials Management under Start of the navigation path Purchasing Next navigation stepPurchase Order Next navigation stepApprove Purchase Orders App Next navigation stepSpecify Workflow Task IDs for Approve Purchase Orders App as shown below.

Also the user has work item corresponding to the same task already in the SAP Inbox.

The OData call that gets executed when I open the Approve Purchase Orders app is as below:

Also as I mentioned in my original post, we have not maintained the values in the Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Workflow table.

What could be the reason the Fiori app is not fetching the work items even though they are present in the user's SAP Inbox?

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Do you get the number of workitems on the tile in launchpad?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

No, the tile for Approve Purchase Orders on the Launchpad displays the count as 0, even though PO work items do exist in the user's SAP Inbox.

The OData service call that gets called on loading the Launchpad is as shown below.

I am wondering whether in addition to maintaining the workflow task ID in customizing in the ERP system, there is some other configuration that we might be missing.

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please double check that the trusted RFC setting is correct.

You can set external breakpoints in the backend method and can find the root cause.

AP Fiori LL11 - Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting

Regards,

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I will check by setting an external breakpoint in the backend as the link you provided mentions.

Also, can you please let me know how can I verify that the trusted RFC setting between the gateway and ERP is correct?

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I would like to add an update:

The OData call that gets executed on login to the Launchpad is

http://<host>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/GBAPP_POAPPROVAL;mo/LaunchPageCollection(SAP__Origin='ECD_120',key='PO_APPROVAL')

When I tested this URL in the gateway client, I got the below response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code>SY/530</code>

<message xml:lang="en">Method 'GET_ENTITY' not implemented in data provider class.</message>

- <innererror>

<transactionid>558FB8E338BB09C0E10080000A14F229</transactionid>

<timestamp>20150629070257.8152030</timestamp>

- <Error_Resolution>

<SAP_Transaction>Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP NW Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details</SAP_Transaction>

<SAP_Note>See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)</SAP_Note>

</Error_Resolution>

- <errordetails>

- <errordetail>

<code>/IWBEP/CX_MGW_TECH_EXCEPTION</code>

<message>Method 'GET_ENTITY' not implemented in data provider class.</message>

<propertyref />

<severity>error</severity>

<target />

</errordetail>

</errordetails>

</innererror>

</error>

Could this be the root cause why we don't get work items in the Fiori app? Also what could we do to resolve this?

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I guess you do not use the correct software component level. Please double check.

App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Regards,

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Below are the system and component details in our landscape:

Front end system:

NW 7.40 SP05

SAP_UI - SP12

SAP_GWFND - SP10

UIX01EAP 100 - SP06

SAPUI5 library version - 1.28.8.

Back end system:

NW 7.40 SP05

ECC 6.0 (Release 617 SP 0003)

GBAPP 002 600 - SP09

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In one of our internal systems we have the Approve PO Fiori app working. The only difference I see in that system and the current one is that we have not maintained any values in the table in SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders -> Workflow as shown below.

Is it mandatory to maintain the Approver IDs in this table to make the Fiori app pick up the work items and display them in the Fiori app?

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please make sure that the scenario is up and running in the ERP without Fiori.

Your root cause is that MM PO approval is not configured in ERP.

Regards,

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

When I open the PO work item in the ECC backend (without Fiori) from transaction SBWP and release it, it flows to the next level approver. I tried releasing it from the 2 subsequent levels (without Fiori from ECC) and the work item got released.

I still suspect if the trusted RFC connection setup on the gateway pointing to the back end ECC system works fine. Can you please let me know how exactly I can check if this is working fine or indeed there is an issue with the trusted RFC connection?

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We had initially configured a system type User in the RFC destination that was created in the gateway system pointing to the ERP back end system. When we changed this to a dialog type user, we are able to see the correct count in the Approve Purchase Orders tile in the Launchpad and also able to open the app and approve the purchase orders from the Fiori app.

But I am not sure whether ideally we are supposed to use dialog user in the RFC destination. If we check the Current User checkbox in the Logon & Security tab in the RFC destination, what should be entered in the password field?

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It seems the trusted RFC is not setup correctly.

Connect SAP Gateway to SAP Business Suite (Trusted RFC) - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with S...

Please upload a screenshot of SM59 RFC destination.

Regards,

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Below is the screenshot of the RFC Destination's Logon & Security tab from SM59.

When I checked the Current User checkbox and selected Trust Relationship as Yes, I started seeing Error on the Approve PO tile instead of the count on Launchpad and the below error in the /IWFND/ERROR_LOG transaction:

Regards,

Saurabh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The screenshot shows wrong setting.

It should be a trusted RFC and you should assign authorizations in the backend user.

Please follow the document.

SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Regards,

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have changed the RFC Destination setting to use Current User and Trust Relationship as Yes.

Also I have asked my Basis team to assign the S_RFCACL authorization to the backend users.

I will check out once this is done and update this thread.

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We corrected the trusted RFC connection setup and the RFC destination settings as per the link you provided, and now the issue is resolved. The Approve Purchase Orders app is working perfectly now.

As always, thanks a lot for your invaluable inputs and support!

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (0)