SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation For Period in FMCCA/FMCCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I need to create a validation by the period of the budget :

Using FMCCA/FMCCD, I have these options :

But the Budget line Period is returning only the value 16, I would need the values 1-12, is this possible ?

I've tried to use key Figures but it's not possible to select the period also.

Thanks in advance.

Filipe Santos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I will implement note 1973425 - Key Figures : Enhancement of period and test the validation again.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What 'period' do you have in mind? FM object called 'Budget Period' (activated via business function) or just a 'month', which represents a period?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I mean the "Month". In FMCCA when I use period ( FMKU_S_LINE-RPMAX) it's returing 16 only, the same value that is recorded on table FMBDT.  I was expecting the values 1 to 12.

To explain the scenario - I need a Budget Period and Month validation in FMBB, for example :

If the user enter Month '1' they can only enter Budget Period 'M01', if he tries to enter Month '1' and

budget period 'M02' it should throw an error.

In FMCUDERIVSUB I was not able to derive Budget Period according to the Month, so I am trying to create this validation during FMBB.

Thanks in advance.

Filipe Santos.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK. But, I cannot see where you have this restriction of '16'? If you put FMKU_S_LINE-RPMAX in pre-requisites you are free to enter whatever value you want.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, These are the steps I am executing :

- In FMCCA I enter FMKU_S_LINE-RPMAX = '1'  and Budget period = 'M01'.

- In FMBB I enter Month '1'

- But During Posting  in FMBB, FMKU_S_LINE-RPMAX is always equals to 16, not equal to '1' as I have entered in the Month in FMBB, so my validation is failing everytime.  Am I missing any configuration regarding RPMAX ?

Thanks in advance.

Filipe Santos.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your distribution key? It should be '0', I guess...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

The distribution Key was 1, I have changed to 0, but FMKU_S_LINE-RPMAX is still 16 during the

validation even with the Month '1' in FMBB.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, on second thought, it makes sense. In FMBL table RPMAX is always set to '16' and distribution is done on columns like in total tables in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

So I think it's not possible to validate the Month in FMCCA or derive the Budget Period According to Month in FMCUDERIVSUB.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't look like... at least, with standard tools. You can derive Budget period from posting data, but not from the 'period' field in FMBB as it is just an instruction to system where to put the budget and not stand-alone value. Currently, the only possibility I see is to modify standard process in FMBB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I will implement note 1973425 - Key Figures : Enhancement of period and test the validation again.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

0 Kudos

It might help... I was not aware of this enhancement, thanks for sharing. You would need to create 12 key figures based on period and check on them in consistency validation.

0 Kudos

Hi, Its Works, thanks.

After implement the note execute report RFFMKF_CONVERSION_NEW_FIELDS to  update FMKFDEF.

Regards,

Filipe Santos.

0 Kudos

Great, thanks for update.