cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_PROFSTART/STOPSAP_TRANS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPGRADE Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_PROFSTART/STOPSAP_TRANS!

Hi Experts,

I am performing an upgrade from CRM 7.01 to 7.40 using SUM

Version 0.9004

SAP AG 2013

Oracle 11.2.0.4

Kerner 7.21 ext

and during phase of downtime I am getting the below error:

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_PROFSTART/STOPSAP_TRANS!

Last error code set: RFC login to system <SID> ashost hostqasc10 nr 01 gwhost hostqasc10 gwservice sapgw01 failed with code 1 key RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE: <br/> LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode<br/> ERROR partner '#.#176.24:3301' not reached<br/> TIME Fri Jun 26 12:43:58 2015<br/> RELEASE 721<br/> COMPONENT NI (network interface)<br/> VERSION 40<br/> RC -10<br/> MODULE nixxi.cpp<br/> LINE 2896<br/> DETAIL NiPConnect: #.#176.24:3301<br/> SYSTEM CALL connect<br/> ERRNO 79<br/> ERRNO TEXT Connection refused<br/> COUNTER 2401<br/>

A trouble ticket and an archive with all relevant log files have been generated.

Trouble ticket: "/SUM/abap/log/SAPup_troubleticket.log"

Log archive: "/SUM/abap/log/SAPup_troubleticket_logs.sar"

I appreciate your help.

Javier Tenorio A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to open an OSS incident and SAP gave me the answer.

in instance profile set the following parameter:

service/protectedwebmethods = NONE

then restart the service:

sapcontrol -nr ## -function RestartService

Finally restart the SUM and continue.

It is caused by sapstartsrv security (protectedwebmethods) are not allowing the remote Stop.

Best regards,

Javier E. Tenorio A

Former Member
0 Kudos

that was the fix.

however, i had to use the following command to manually enter the user and bring up the service

E:\usr\sap\<SID>\D00\exe\sapcontrol.exe -host <hostname> -nr 01 -queryuser -function RestartService

E:\usr\sap\<SID>\D00\exe\sapcontrol.exe -host <hostname> -nr 00 -queryuser -function RestartService

in SAPup.eco, it was showing invalid credentials when SUM executed the same command.  This maybe due to the fact that we had changed the sidadm password a few weeks back.

since this is a work around, we have to remove the profile parameter after the upgrade and fix the problem permanently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked for me as well!!

However SUM tool made Oracle DB in mount mode. I had opened the DB again manually and then restarted SUM from where it stopped.

Thank,

Divyesh

Answers (0)