Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forex cycle in TRM

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

Hi, I post this question earlier, and I was wondering if it’s applicable on SAP TRM, it’s related to calculate the cost of sales for the currencies and determine the revenues.

My cycle for now is (let’s assume that the company’s local currency is SAR, and wants to buy 1000 USD and the rate is 1 USD = 3.73 SAR for purchasing)

Creating the order/contract then settle them and them Post to financial which will generate the below entry

Document currency

Local currency SAR

1. USD Account

Cr. Position

1. Position

Cr. SAR Account

Now if another transaction happened purchasing 100 USD and the rate is 1 USD = 3.75 SAR , the below entry for the spot transaction will appear

c

Document currency

Local currency SAR

1. USD Account

Cr. Position

1. Position

Cr. SAR Account

If I sell 500 USD for 3.77 rate with SAR the entry will be:

c

Document currency

Local currency SAR

1. SAR Account

Cr. Position

1. Position

Cr. SAR Account

Now I really don’t know what should happened next, I mean how to calculate the cost of sales, the customer wants to calculate it based on the average price for the purchased rate which should be 3.74*500 = 1870

which means that my profit is  1885 - 1870=15 SAR.

How to make such a cycle on SAP, your assist is really appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Are you talking about posting gain and loss?

Use TPM18 to calculate the gain and loss. System will use FLA (floating average price) as a base for profit/loss calculation.

Regards,

Manish

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Thanks for your respond, how to make the system use the floating average price,, what is the required configuration in the position management procedure as i saw a lot  of fields related to the exchange rate type and all of them use "M".

Thanks and regards,

Ahmed Samir

rohitbali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Make changes in your position management procedure for foreign currency valuation.

Try with write up to purchase value and see the results.

Thanks

Rohit

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Thanks for your respond, with reference to the best practice, I'm using Rate valuation for forward exchange transaction for the spot exchange valuation, do you mean changing the write-up rule?

so how the system will use the purchase rate when all what i see is the exchange rate M?

your assistant is really appreciated

Regards,

Ahmed Samir