cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Not able to connect with DATABASE dscdb6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to change the password of sap<sid> account in my system as per the note 582875. However I am not able to change it due to the following error and I dont have an idea about how to change it - So, Experts please do help me here

LOGS from the command prompt - While changing

Note : I have ensured DB DB2DB6EKEY environment variable is set in the system

R3trans.log - ITs finishing with 0000 (No problem with that too) But I need to set this password in the database level as part of upgrade preparation in SAP.

SOLMANNEW:SKKadm 21> dscdb6up sapskk SKKdev$10

password file '/usr/sap/SKK/SYS/global/dscdb6.conf' successfully written Effective userid is not root. OS passwords can not be changed.

ABORTING! Please check permissions and ownership

When I try this in root account (which is not supposed to be it says the following thing)

root@SOLMANNEW/usr/sap/SKK/SYS/global$>dscdb6up sapskk SKKdev$10

sh: 1: Parameter not set.

Copied from SAP note

Solution

Check the setting of this variable for both the corn shell (ksh) and C shell (csh) of the users db2<sid> and <sid>adm.

After the value is set in a uniform manner, you need to log on again on the operating system level. It may be necessary to reset the passwords so that they can be deciphered again by the SAP programs. Proceed as follows.   <logon as <sid>adm>
  dscdb6up <sid>adm <password>
  dscdb6up sap<sid> <password>

Thanks and Regards

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi All,

Finally the issue has been solved by creating the files again.
Incase if this issue is not solved even after creating the files, open the sapconf files and see the user which you have mentioned while creating it.

If there it should not be an issue, for some reasons, its not there and hence I have change it manually and saved it.

Then continued it went fine and also completed the upgrade

Regards

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

What is the rights of file "/usr/sap/SKK/SYS/global/dscdb6.conf" ?

It should seem like this:

-rw-r----- 1 skkadm sapsys 171 May 29  2014 /usr/sap/SKK/SYS/global/dscdb6.conf

Check this and then try changing password once again.

I've faced the same problem as yours and solved it with the help of this:

Check the file $INSTHOME/sqllib/security/db2c?pw once more.

Regards,

Serhat

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

did you really use SKKdev$10 as password for sapskk?

In that case I'm pretty sure that $1 is the problem: The UNIX/Linux shell will interpret $1 as a positional parameter which is most likely not set!

May I suggest the following steps?

1. Find someone with root permission to set an initial password for sapskk - if you don't know the current password of this user. Depending on the UNIX version and/or settings the user might be forced to change the pasword once it had been set by root. Therefore root should set some other password than the final one.

2. Run passwd command as user sapskk and set the new password you would like to use.

3. Run dscdb6up as skkadm but don't enter the password in the command line. Just run "dscdb6up sapskk" and enter the password when you're prompted to do so. This way the shell won't try to replace $1 by some other string.

Maybe it's possible to qoute the $ sign in the password by adding single quotes before and after the password or maybe by a backslash right before the $ sign. But I'm not sure if dscdb6up would add those characters to the password. That's why I wouldn't enter the password on the command line. In addition the password would be stored in the shell history and might by readable by somebody else... Or maybe you want to use a different password without a $ sign.

Regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Pleas check SAP note 997635 - DB6: dscdb6up reports "OS passwords can not be changed"

Check the ownership for dscdb6up. It should be to <sidadm>:sapsys

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have tried it but no luck again - Hence i have created the file with the following commands as root commands - by following the below thread

But for me it created the file successfully but still  I am not able to login in as

db2 connect to SKK user sapskk using p@ssw0rd

Still the same error appears.

db2skk 21> db2 connect to skk user sapskk using skkdev$10

SQL30082N  Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR

PASSWORD INVALID").  SQLSTATE=08001

Regards

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please check the the following link,

Sriram2009