SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest on Late Payment - Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a business requirement to exclude an open item from interest calculation during disconnection period. For example, If Invoice is due on 30/05 and the customer has been disconnected between 10/06 to 15/06,  we need to exclude those 5 days when i run my program to run interest on 30/06. Can someone guide me if this can be achieved by any of the events?

Thanks,

-Murthy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

As per your requirement, you are looking for the following-

Due Date-30/05. Interest run happens on 30/06

31/05-09/06-Interest Will be calculated

10/06-15/06-Interest will not be calculated.
15/06-30/06-Interest will be calculated.

You can place an interest lock for the period b/w 10/06-15/06.

However, as per standard SAP, once the interest lock expires, the item is eligible for Interest calculation.So you have to enhance event 2090.(see SAP KBA#2044804)

Event 2090 enables us to change the Start date and the End date for interest calculation against the item, however, it will not allow you to have multiple start and multiple End date for Interest calculation for a particular item as in this scenario.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

As per your requirement, you are looking for the following-

You can place an interest lock for the period b/w 10/06-15/06.

However, as per standard SAP, once the interest lock expires, the item is eligible for Interest calculation.So you have to enhance event 2090.(see SAP KBA#2044804)

Event 2090 enables us to change the Start date and the End date for interest calculation against the item, however, it will not allow you to have multiple start and multiple End date for Interest calculation for a particular item as in this scenario.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, business requirement is as stated below, upon which interested should only be calculated for 25 days rather than 30 days for that month.

But within Event 2090, can we include a logic for this item to start from 05/06 till 30/06 (25 days) and leaving those 5 days of disconnection period?

I assume this should not impact future interest calculation as the interest run program will always  consider the last interest run date, is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

-Murthy

0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Your understanding is correct.

You can incorporate the logic in event 2090 to override the Start date as proposed by the Standard SAP. In here, you have to change the field Structure, FKKIR-ABDAT.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan