Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic notification creation after completing Predecessor notification

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Folks,

I created strategy based maintenance plan for six months using IP42 and also checked the completion requirement indicator because I want that until predecessor notification is not closed the new notification will not generate for next month.I have already scheduled for six months and a notification number is automatic generated for a first month , When I closed the first notification the system does not generate new notification for the next month while it should be created.I also checked configuration but I m unable to find out the solution.

Please share yours valuable views and experience about it.how I can do it.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

It does not work like that. When a Notification completes, the next notification generates only during next scheduling (IP30). So for your requirment of automation, you need to have a background job. This background job executes IP30 periodically, say daily. When you completed the predecessor notification in the morning and your daily schedule of IP30 is in the evening, your new notification is created in the evening. If your requirement is very frequent then you can even schedule the job hourly also, but this causes load on system.

For background job of IP30 see this document:

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Great Rao Sir,

Thanks for reply me and really its a very useful document that is shared you.I try it.

I think this can resolve my confusion and issue.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rao Sir,

I created a plan and scheduling for seven days with 1D package.When I do the scheduling with IP30 it gives 7 scheduling list ,that fine.but now when I run background job according to your document Background Job Scheduling for IP30 (RISTRA20) system generates first notification number for first day and as I do TECO it system should create new notification for second day automatically and I think it should be seen in IP24. But there is nothing happened such as ,system didn't create next due date notification.

Please suggest

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Background job creation is a 2 step simple job. Concepts of scheduling is the key point. Your job will trigger during next scheduling run, if it is entitled, let it be background or manual.  If it is not triggering it will not trigger through IP30 manual run also. Do some research in Dev servers and study the behavior of plans during scheduling. Background job is just a tool to run a program (any program) automatically at predefined intervals called period.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Go through my previous reply carefully. There is no short-cut for your automation requirement. you have to create a Background job. Take help of the document referred. Also when we go for background job, there is no significance to Scheduling period (your 6 months)

KJogeswaraRao

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have little bit confusion , I want to schedule the plan for six month or may be 1 Year...Suppose I schedule it for six month and the start date is 29.06.2015 so the next call will be on 28.07.2015 , 27.08.2015 , 26.09.2015, 25.10.2015 , 24.11.2015 , 23.12.2015 respectively, and the notification is generated for first month july now as i close this notification when will system generate next notification(for august month) .So can we schedule background job for every month till six month.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already told, the next notification will be created when you run RISTRA20 (IP30). In your case, the period of scheduling can be 1 month. If the start date is given as 29.06.2015  in SM36, then next Notification will be created on 28/29.07.2015 when the RISTRA20 runs through the background job, (Provided your previous notification is completed before this date- this is because of the Tick). In case the previous Notification is not completed and the RISTRA20 run on 28/29.07.2015 does not create any Notification.

As said before, there is no need of IP10 for 6 months in this case of background job scheduling. Means even you do not have those 6 lines of schedule Hold in the IP10 screen, your Notifications would get generated every month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir ,

Is it applicable to counter based schedule also ??? If no then How I can enable automatic counter based triggers based on counters ???

Regards ,

Rahul.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

The background job is applicable not only to IP30, but to any program. So it will be applicable to other cases of IP30 also where periodic scheduling is required. About your specific case or a case other than these, you need to simulate in test servers and see. And please do not continue the discussion in this closed thread. Have your own thread on specific issues while working on processes.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested earlier, you start a new discussion.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

How are you scheduling the maintenance plan ? Which is done daily / hourly / manually or through batch job.

Regards

Terence

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

which transaction are you using to Complete Notif. is it IW22?

Or ip10?

Rgds

Sunil

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Maria,

The scheduling is done for six months and also it is monthly basis means the system will generate six notifications for six months.

I am attaching the print screen of the plan please look it.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

After the notification completed system cannot schedule automatically. You need to execute IP10 or IP30 for background job.

Your schedule is just planned so notification are not created, you need to schedule again to get the notification created.

In normal we schedule IP30 background jobs runs every day... so when the call date is reached system will generate the notification or work order

Regards

Terence

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

What we can do for six month or one year.can we schedule background jobs for six months

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki