cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

substitution work items display in ITS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a substitution in sap NWBC for a manager where the manager selects a substitute and the working times for approval goes to the work item query of the substitute. However, when the substitute opens each of the subjects in the work items, the subjects are opened in ITS version.  How could I resolve this issue?

Please suggest a solution. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Majid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I should say that i have searched a lot in scn however i didnt find any response to my problem. i may restate my problem if you experts dont have suggestion for above problem. The managers need to determine a substitute foe approval of working times recorded in ESS, where the substitute receive the recorded times and can approve or reject them.

what are the steps to do so? So far, we have created a link in the manager menu where he determines the substitute there and then the recorded working times are displayed in the work items query of the substitute (The screenshot in the original post, No. 1). when the substitute click on the work items, the work items are available (No. 2). But the problem is in the third stage where the subjects are not displayed correctly, that is,

a) it is not shown for some substitutes

b) it is shown in ITS version for others

Please help me on this issue. I am looking forward to receive some suggestions.

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

whats the release of MSS you are using? does Manager get proper screens first for approval in above POWL NWBC? roles assigned? where you maintained substitued users? for new releases we have this. http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2013/02/07/all-that-is-needed-for-co... IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS (CL_HRMSS_CATS_APPROVAL_POWL) HRMSS_CAT_WD_APPROVAL EXECUTE (CL_HRMSS_CATSAPPR_POWL_HDLR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for reply. we use MSS add-on 1. yes the managers receive the recorded times in the "working time approval" screen correctly. for defining substitution, we created a WDYN in the manager menu where he can define a substitute for a time period. I have read the mentioned scn doc and i have done all the steps except launchpad customizing.

Could you please give more help and explanations?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

I customized the launchpad and now, when the substitute selects the work item query, he sees the approval screen similar to the screen of the manager in WDyn version (the screenshot). However, the problem is now that the recorded working times is not shown for the substitute and the screen is empty.

I can not find the source of problem. Could you help me please?

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you check in SWI5 if the item is in his inbox? we had a note for EA HR 607 2116387 did you follow these steps Open transaction SBWP. Check under Settings-> Workflow Settings -> Activate/Deactivate Substitute. 3. Check if the substitute is active. Else activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth

I checked SWI5, SWIA and SBWP, and I see that the workitem is in the inbox of substitute however, the item is not showing in his approval screen. unfortunately we are on Ehp 5 version and I can not use the mentioned sap note. Also the substitution is active.

Please suggest some other helps and guides.

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth and other experts

Please help me on this issue. I look forward to receive your valuable ideas and comments.

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you cant see in CATS dashboard, you need to use POWL for SUBStitution

MSS inbox HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX (powlID MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2) the item is being displayed? in the CATS approver dashboard (HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPR) it shouldnt be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks for reply. I am not sure I got the point correctly.

yes, the item is displayed in the work items query of the substitute and when he selects it, the 'approve time sheets' screen (no. 3 in the screenshot) is opened based on the LPDhandler customizing, however this screen is blank. I have used the (MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2) and (HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1) in the LPD customizing.

Please give more explanations about the suggested helps.

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to see if the workitem id is being passed, just compare with manager approval and then with substitution what ie being passed?

yes in this MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2) it should work

Just do a HTTP tarce and see, compare.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth

I dont know exactly what is the use of HTTP trace and how to do it however, I have checked that the item is available in the inbox of both the manager and the substitute in their SBWP. But, the item is not  displaying in the mss nwbc portal of the substitute (it is shown in the mss nwbs portal of the manager).

is the problem in LPD handler customizing or it is from other source?

Regards