Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks,

Not sure it is a right space to ask, can't find any better place.

Does (will) SCN provide any API except RSS?

Curl works fine so far for grabbing and parsing, but there are a lot of client side logic and really, it is 2015, even refrigerators have API these days.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

there is not really much to say except that I would like to expose the SCN APIs at some point, but it will take some time now that we are completely going to rebuild it. Yes, we want to make all APIs accessible to community members, in a stable, performant and secure way. But first things first and we are only a small team which is managing all of SCN and unfortunately there has been always something more important.

But I'm looking forward to the day where we see our code community developers go crazy and build SCN specific mobile apps, widgets, custom extensions etc.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just FYI, earlier I developed some sample UI5 applications based on SCN RSS feeds and details are at

Regards,

Chandra

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandra, that story is older than you think

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

(long time no talk!) ... well, there has been an API (based on the underlying Jive REST API), yet unfortunately (that's my personal opinion!) it has never been exposed to a wider audience. Now with the 1DX project in full swing it has been put on hold until the transformation is done and over with...

So... for the time being RSS feeds (or other techniques, which I won't promote/endorse here!) are your best option...

Cheers,

matthias

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>for the time being RSS feeds (or other techniques, which I won't promote/endorse here!) are your best option...

may be in direct message 8-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are APIs but they aren't public meaning access to the APIs is given on per case basis to selected individuals. Unless I'm mistaken, had access to the APIs so maybe she could share the details, contacts, etc.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not an API person - perhaps can assist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vaguely remember you published some Lumira statistics on SCN, maybe it was someone else. I think is who we want to ping.

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No... That was if I'm not mistaken. In fact, and me developed the API together, but given he's the Lead architect of SCN he's the one to turn to if  you're out for the official answer on the status of the API...

: the stage is set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a link to the blog I wrote

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very cool, but how do you populate spacedata variable 😉 ?

http://scn.sap.com/tags/#/?tags=scnappy

gives nothing